Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Id rather use a braid ...........just to be awkward of course
    two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left !

cheers for that cakey
    , 110 yrds is the spot i like to fish , thats where i have had most of my fish at this lake, with line that is clear in colour does it dis colour quickly and need the old baby wipe treatment alot,
    i keep lookin at the pro gold in green and the pro clear and to make it even more of a nightmare been lookin at the gardner line as well, it seems that on the lake i fish i have never caught on braid hooklinks , they allways fall to fluro, thats my thinking fluro on the mainline as well as the hook length, is the pro gold or clear a good sinking line , im being a fussy so and so just wanna spool up right first time to save time and money

if fluro disappears like everyone says and everyone uses it on a lake there would be lots of spooked out fish so use a nice thick green braid that all the fish can see as a just another snag and let them live in peace ................................they are already frightened shi tless of me

id loved to use braid on a mainline but where i fish lots and lots of silly rules , ie micro barbed hooks not baebeb or barbless, no korda safe zone leaders , no maggot clips , but rules are rules i surpose

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nik saunders View Post
    , it seems that on the lake i fish i have never caught on braid hooklinks
    sorry, that aint going to happen. ok, people might not use them, but theres absolutely no reason they wont catch. that's going to be more of an edge if you do use them

Not being able to use a "safe zone" leader is actually a sensible rule lol!

are you on about Menards? I reckon the longest cast on there (swim 7 to the island) is about 65 yards....
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Frothey View Post
    sorry, that aint going to happen. ok, people might not use them, but theres absolutely no reason they wont catch. that's going to be more of an edge if you do use them

are you on about Menards? I reckon the longest cast on there (swim 7 to the island) is about 65 yards....

You can't con a Kentish man!!....or is that Man of Kent Froths?

Blog Entries

Man of kent, though I was actually born in essex - explains the highlights and high heels lol!
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

blimey ....neighbours

Quote Originally Posted by Frothey View Post

not menards mate spider hall larkfield big gravel pit goes well over 30ft deep in some places and my spot is a long cast as you cant fish from one part of the lake ,menards is a under arm mate

Why not use a good casting line like 12lb Korda adrenaline, and use a shortish leader you think appropriate fot the water?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast