whats the difference between carpers and match fishing

nik saunders

Reaction score
well i can tell you ,
and im not gonna slag off all match fisherman as i know your not all the same
. i was down a day ticket lake , and i know you should expect a few knobs , but what me and the oldman witnessed was just plain dissgusting, me and my dad were tucked up on a part of the lake where the people can drive to there swims , now every carper that drove past drove slow and kept everything a quiet as poss , then a team of match fisherman drove past at over 30mph all shouting ,any carp that were near would have tried to leave the lake let alone the swim , this team who were all dressed in blue were biggest bunch of knobs i have ever seen, this all happened at monks lake ,
i know your all gonna say shitty day ticket but why should any day ticket have to put up with this , only went down to try out the new gear and get away from bloody turkey this turkey that, anyway if you were in the team of knobs have word with your team, moan over aka victor meldrew

Nobby C (ACA)

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Nik er, no pun intended! However, this can be a problem on any day ticket or public water. The one bit that does surprise me is that it wasn't a bunch of 'instant' carpers pouring scorn on all other species and their pursuers (well, bream excepted, JOKE!!)
You pays your money and get lumbered with anybody else who does the same, hence the attraction of well run clubs and the beauty of quiet syndicates.
On another tangent, we had capon this year, did I mention that? Stuff the turkey, just get a big,fat chicken.
And fish quiet waters.
Day ticket waters exist solely to make revenue, want to see a successful business run at the expense of fish welfare and anglers peace? Check out F*****e lakes in Slinfold.

nik saunders

Reaction score
i know what you mean mate , and i treat a day ticket as i would a privite lake, i was just shocked to see a whole team of match anglers drivin like nutters and they would not even slow up for the wildlife, one of the vans that drove past at speed chucked out his litter which he had just eaten at the cafe , he must have been drivin so fast he missed the litter bin he passed, i used to fish this place as a kid and have now moved on to better waters but was just shocked at this team .i will find out the team name and let ya all know

slime monster

Reaction score
Nik you have my sympathy if your day was spoilt ,what can be even more annoying to non match anglers is a bunch of shouting swearing not appearing to give a toss match anglers emptying the place of fish ,That used to be my scene but since packing in match fishing I always check the club book or make a phone call and steer clear of venues that cater for match and non match anglers on the same day ,I do not think it is fair to either side.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
In my experience I'm afraid there is no such thing as a completely nob free water but that is true of just about anywhere and anything.A nob is a nob...whether they have a fishing rod [I will not call them anglers] or not.

Unfortunately,nowadays you really do take a risk if you say anything to someone spoiling your day through their inconsiderateness. I am fotunate in that when I am fishing big Parksy is never far away...he is not one to suffer nobs gladly and has never taken a step backwards in his life.

Sorry they ruined your day.

nik saunders

Reaction score
when i was kid and fishing with my dad i remember my dad had to let someone know he had cast over his line they turned round and told him to f off , my dad then reeled his rod in and as he thought with his line , he thought he had a run my dad just got his line cut it and brought in the rest of his end line ,ie hook ,lead ect, what is it with match fishing they need to shout every swear word from from one end of the lake to get there mate to shout back who is right up the other end, i thought fishing was about relaxing and no noise and catchin some fish if ya lucky, helping others if there not catchin.

Shine

Reaction score
What really gets me nik is you got away with the word shitty :j

Unfortunatly this seems to be the way of the world now. I'm all right jack. Sod everyone else.
Few years ago I used to enjoy going to the local puddle now and then with a float rod to catch carp. The people (and I'm not sure why I'm using that word) that started fishing there spoilt it for everyone.

Lucky for me now, I'm a member of 2 clubs. One of them is a slice of heaven. The other, good people but very noisey location, right near the Darford crossing M25.

nik saunders

Reaction score
i think i have seen that one by the m25 crossing, some nice fish in there mate , but my point to all this is, why this group of so called anglers can get away with it as they will do the same to the next lake they fish, there seems to be a big divide between carpers and match anglers, i know all match anglers are the same , has anyone else seen this sort of stuff before?

Shine

Reaction score
I go carp fishing 95% of the time nik. I have seen carp fishermen shouting across the lake. Getting pi$$ed up, music belting out. Coming up to me while I'm fishing 2 foot off the bank and shouting ALL RIGHT MATE, ANYTHING? It pee's me off big time.
I'm not sticking up for anyone here but I think you'll find in all walks of life there are 'wrong uns'.

preston96

Reaction score
I go carp fishing 95% of the time nik. I have seen carp fishermen shouting across the lake. Getting pi$$ed up, music belting out. Coming up to me while I'm fishing 2 foot off the bank and shouting ALL RIGHT MATE, ANYTHING? It pee's me off big time.
I'm not sticking up for anyone here but I think you'll find in all walks of life there are 'wrong uns'.

My sentiments exactly!.

slime monster

Reaction score
as Skippy pointed out there is good and bad everywhere,angling is no exception it is not just a question of Carp v match anglers where this is concerned some of the worst behaviour I have witnessed over many years has come from day ticket anglers ,even the best run clubs allow idiots to their waters but it is not long before they are sussed and thrown out .this all sounds grim but it is only a minority that cause grief to others I am afraid you must pick and choose your venues for the quiet life .

nik saunders

Reaction score
i agree with you on all walks of life as there are all sorts out there, just thought it was bad as it was a whole team of anglers not just the odd wally who never asks where abouts ya fishing so not to cast near you or the one who nedds to set his bobbins with his alarms on , i could go on and on, but a whole team cant be right, god im back in victor meldrew mode lol

Shine

Reaction score
god im back in victor meldrew mode lol

Not at all mate. This is a forum and it got on your goat.

If it ever happens again you could always cast at that exact moment. As the rod goes back the line could slip out your hand sending the lead flying in the wrong direction ;) :j

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
..... some of the worst behaviour I have witnessed over many years has come from day ticket anglers ,even the best run clubs allow idiots to their waters but it is not long before they are sussed and thrown out .

Spot on,Dave.A good,well run club will very soon sort out the idiots and it ought to be no different on a day ticket water EXCEPT that far too many of these are anything but well run...they are just holes in the ground full of water & fish and the owners really dont give a stuff so long as people pay to fish them & nobody gets killed.

There is one not far from me which I used to fish years ago before it got popular. Me and Phil often had the "hard" lake to ourselves of a summers evening. I went back after a break of a couple of years to find the place overun with Terry F***wit and his mates in every swim on their mobiles to God knows who...I went back once more and though it was quieter my swim was ruined by Plod dragging the lake for a body ! That's not what I go fishing for and I've never been back.

Places run by idiots attract idiots...same as pubs. Find a couple of good clubs and have your faith restored.

They say you are never more than 10 foot from a rat. The same is true of nobs.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

Sadly...cos it never used to be like that and I am turning into my Dad godhelpme !

bill2

Reaction score
Alas sometimes you take your trouble with you! Have fished before with some people who seemed ok, but half a case of beer later, and prolly a flask i never saw, they couldn't stop falling into the lake! I remember one poor sod who took his other half fishing an over nighter. 2 o'clock in the morning i could hear her screaming in my ear from all of 200+ yards away as she systematicaly ridiculed his every attribute. Illegal decibal levels were reached when she apparently found out she couldn't leave him there and then cos we were locked in till the morning. I never heard a word he said tho...

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

About an hour and a half later i had a take on my rod in the near margin. I was so hopeing it was her! :D

pelican5

Reaction score
hi all
my local lake used to be packed with kids during the school holidays (9 years ago before i stopped) noisy as they are they wasnt really that bad,starting up again in august i managed to get on the lake early one day in september,there was 4 bivvy's set up on the other side of the lake with lights set up on and between them,looked like a street at night.they had radios,beer and the whole family,wife and kids and LOUD!!! was like a street party beside a lake,when i managed to get a night in a week or 2 later at 3am the day anglers started turning up,we have to pay to fish the night so 3am is taking the pi$* in my eyes,by 8am the lake was full!!!
i am now in the process of researching a couple of clubs with limits on members and keys to gates to the lakes,as said above every sport,pub or even street has its nobs and a team of nobs must be impossible to fish along side!!!
i was brought up to show respect to my elders and to treat others as i would like to be treated,maybe those values have gone now.
rant over
miserable 30 something
slatts