Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default whats the difference between carpers and match fishing

well i can tell you ,
    and im not gonna slag off all match fisherman as i know your not all the same
    . i was down a day ticket lake , and i know you should expect a few knobs , but what me and the oldman witnessed was just plain dissgusting, me and my dad were tucked up on a part of the lake where the people can drive to there swims , now every carper that drove past drove slow and kept everything a quiet as poss , then a team of match fisherman drove past at over 30mph all shouting ,any carp that were near would have tried to leave the lake let alone the swim , this team who were all dressed in blue were biggest bunch of knobs i have ever seen, this all happened at monks lake ,
    i know your all gonna say shitty day ticket but why should any day ticket have to put up with this , only went down to try out the new gear and get away from bloody turkey this turkey that, anyway if you were in the team of knobs have word with your team, moan over aka victor meldrew

Sorry to hear that Nik er, no pun intended! However, this can be a problem on any day ticket or public water. The one bit that does surprise me is that it wasn't a bunch of 'instant' carpers pouring scorn on all other species and their pursuers (well, bream excepted, JOKE!!)
    You pays your money and get lumbered with anybody else who does the same, hence the attraction of well run clubs and the beauty of quiet syndicates.
    On another tangent, we had capon this year, did I mention that? Stuff the turkey, just get a big,fat chicken.
    And fish quiet waters.
    Day ticket waters exist solely to make revenue, want to see a successful business run at the expense of fish welfare and anglers peace? Check out F*****e lakes in Slinfold.

i know what you mean mate , and i treat a day ticket as i would a privite lake, i was just shocked to see a whole team of match anglers drivin like nutters and they would not even slow up for the wildlife, one of the vans that drove past at speed chucked out his litter which he had just eaten at the cafe , he must have been drivin so fast he missed the litter bin he passed, i used to fish this place as a kid and have now moved on to better waters but was just shocked at this team .i will find out the team name and let ya all know

Blog Entries

Nik you have my sympathy if your day was spoilt ,what can be even more annoying to non match anglers is a bunch of shouting swearing not appearing to give a toss match anglers emptying the place of fish ,That used to be my scene but since packing in match fishing I always check the club book or make a phone call and steer clear of venues that cater for match and non match anglers on the same day ,I do not think it is fair to either side.
    Fancy a pint?

Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathrow and the A3

In my experience I'm afraid there is no such thing as a completely nob free water but that is true of just about anywhere and anything.A nob is a nob...whether they have a fishing rod [I will not call them anglers] or not.

Unfortunately,nowadays you really do take a risk if you say anything to someone spoiling your day through their inconsiderateness. I am fotunate in that when I am fishing big Parksy is never far away...he is not one to suffer nobs gladly and has never taken a step backwards in his life.

Sorry they ruined your day.

when i was kid and fishing with my dad i remember my dad had to let someone know he had cast over his line they turned round and told him to f off , my dad then reeled his rod in and as he thought with his line , he thought he had a run my dad just got his line cut it and brought in the rest of his end line ,ie hook ,lead ect, what is it with match fishing they need to shout every swear word from from one end of the lake to get there mate to shout back who is right up the other end, i thought fishing was about relaxing and no noise and catchin some fish if ya lucky, helping others if there not catchin.

carp men dont cry when they blank...

and bungee fishermen belong in a circus....

Blog Entries

What really gets me nik is you got away with the word shitty

Unfortunatly this seems to be the way of the world now. I'm all right jack. Sod everyone else.
    Few years ago I used to enjoy going to the local puddle now and then with a float rod to catch carp. The people (and I'm not sure why I'm using that word) that started fishing there spoilt it for everyone.

Lucky for me now, I'm a member of 2 clubs. One of them is a slice of heaven. The other, good people but very noisey location, right near the Darford crossing M25.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

i think i have seen that one by the m25 crossing, some nice fish in there mate , but my point to all this is, why this group of so called anglers can get away with it as they will do the same to the next lake they fish, there seems to be a big divide between carpers and match anglers, i know all match anglers are the same , has anyone else seen this sort of stuff before?

Blog Entries

I go carp fishing 95% of the time nik. I have seen carp fishermen shouting across the lake. Getting pi$$ed up, music belting out. Coming up to me while I'm fishing 2 foot off the bank and shouting ALL RIGHT MATE, ANYTHING? It pee's me off big time.
    I'm not sticking up for anyone here but I think you'll find in all walks of life there are 'wrong uns'.
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast