Which Rods???

S

Steve Forshaw

Kevin Maddocks Challenger 2's at ?90, Fox Rangemasters 2's at ?70 or Nashy Holliguns at ?99 ??

Advice PLEASE gents

A

Anthony Coser

I am the proud owner of 3 12 foot Tails Up Nirvanas 2.75s.They have a superb action and the fittings and rings are top quality,SICS and a Century blank for ?130

M

Malcolm Bason

Quantum Energy by Browning 12ft 6in, 2.75tc, fuji rings throughout, nice slim blank - nice through action but 'tippy' enough for margin stuff! ?100 (and thats half price) from J & K's Bicester.

R

rob d

stapley water gardens had powermeshs for 85
pounds if thats any help

D

David Will

Steve having viewed the rest the Powermesh rods just stood out as being better than Fox , Shimano or Nash offerings in the same cost range.I urge you to feel each rod with a reel on and line through the rings , this of course must be done in a tackle shop , it is the only way of knowing if you are going to get on with a rod.Even then it can be difficult to get it right.

H

Hadleigh Dawson

I'm looking for a rod for stalking and margin stuff. I am specifically looking for a 10ft very light rod with a hook clip if possible. Would the Powermesh fit (or get close to) this bill?

R

Roto Fryer

steve despite what the others have told you by far the best rod available in your price range is the giant available in 2.5 , 2.75, 3.00 test curve.
it is not me that decided this but every single magazine that tested rods under ?100 put the giant at the top.

R

Roto Fryer

i have used giant and i can assure you that they are extremely good for the money & also have friends who also use them. i have not heard one bad report about them.i even have one friend who has cashed in his expensive diawa rods for giants.
leeda do indeed advertise a lot but with the giant they got it right & i have no doubt that soon they will tweek and ruin them

C

Carp Angler

Dave, you cynic......

Paul,
Mike Fidler has Giant rods and he is well pleased with them.
I have their spod rod and find it very good for the money.

C

Chub Chaser

I had a set of these for getting on 2 years.
No problems what so ever, in fact I am getting the 3lb TC for a marker Rod.