Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Rods???

Steve Forshaw Guest

Kevin Maddocks Challenger 2's at 90, Fox Rangemasters 2's at 70 or Nashy Holliguns at 99 ??

Advice PLEASE gents

David Will Guest

Daiwa Powermesh Z

Steve Forshaw Guest

Why Daiwa Powermesh ?

Birds Nest Guest

I'm with David, cant fault the Powermesh's...

Anthony Coser Guest

I am the proud owner of 3 12 foot Tails Up Nirvanas 2.75s.They have a superb action and the fittings and rings are top quality,SICS and a Century blank for 130

Malcolm Bason Guest

Quantum Energy by Browning 12ft 6in, 2.75tc, fuji rings throughout, nice slim blank - nice through action but 'tippy' enough for margin stuff! 100 (and thats half price) from J & K's Bicester.

rob d Guest

stapley water gardens had powermeshs for 85
    pounds if thats any help

David Will Guest

Steve having viewed the rest the Powermesh rods just stood out as being better than Fox , Shimano or Nash offerings in the same cost range.I urge you to feel each rod with a reel on and line through the rings , this of course must be done in a tackle shop , it is the only way of knowing if you are going to get on with a rod.Even then it can be difficult to get it right.

Hadleigh Dawson Guest

I'm looking for a rod for stalking and margin stuff. I am specifically looking for a 10ft very light rod with a hook clip if possible. Would the Powermesh fit (or get close to) this bill?

Roto Fryer Guest

steve despite what the others have told you by far the best rod available in your price range is the giant available in 2.5 , 2.75, 3.00 test curve.
    it is not me that decided this but every single magazine that tested rods under 100 put the giant at the top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast