Easy to make pop ups?

K

Kit Stokes

Is there any way of making your normal bolie mix into a pop up mix?

S

South East Angler

Easiest way I have found is to buy a commerical popup mix and mix it with your normal mix....Richworth do a good one...I have found it works even when mixed at 50/50. Other than that you can micowave your baits rather than boil them or use some sort of insert in a normal Bolie...corkball, polyball etc

S

sean wareing

On the subject of pop-ups I`ve been trying out the recently new assasin 8
pop-ups which compared to other types
are quite soft, but require a 3 oz bomb
to keep them balanced on the bottom!Is this a new technique as a lot of them contain large air pockets and go very spongy after afew hours on the lake bed.
Do the new pop-up mixes have the same results.

A

all rounder

I have only tried the Richworth one as I heard good comments about it. I used it with the "Grange" mixed 50/50 and it produced very boyant baits...not sure about air pockets but it was still floating after 36 hours. The consistancy was still ok (for me) and it had not swelled up unduly.
If you are worried about the boyancy then all you need to do is add in more base mix until you get the boyancy you want. Best thing is to buy a bag and test it for yourself.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I once tried putting sinkingboillies in a microwave , to turn them into pop-ups,as per the instructions i read in a carp magazine......they burnt!!!

And me mum wasn`t best pleased either at the smell!!!

R

Roto Fryer

a little trial and error is needed when using your microwave: slowly does it is the key.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Buy some cork balls acouple of mm smaller than your bait size and mould paste around them, boil and use. Alternatively, buy them made up from an outfit called 'hookers'.

C

Cakey

cork balls or hamburgers or foam inserts for me ,I like my pop ups to match my loose feed which they dont with pop up mixes