24 Hour Carp Compo (Second Chance)

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I totally agree Barney, I'd rather be limited by catching small carp than to sit on another venue twiddling our thumbs again!

C

Carp Angler

You've got thumbs??????

I thought only intelligent life forms had opposable digits.

Good to see you back Wend.

I've got a few waters that I'll post up at some point, but they'll need research and phone calls to see if we can book the lake.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Stuart, just to let you know, I've emailed you a couple of times since this morning and they're bouncing.

G

Gary Knowles

Bloody Hell Stu agrees with me.

I must be wrong then, forget that last comment...

T

Tony wainwright

I used to live on the Wirral up to about 18 months ago. Burton mere is an excellent fishery but it is in 2 lakes seperated by a narrow bank and footpath between the 2.
The larger lake has the bigger carp in it whereas the smaller of the two holds a mixed bag of decent fish including cats.
It would have to be all one one or the other of the lakes or it wouldnt be fair.
Another alternative is just into North Wales.Its called LLanarmon yn lal (give or take an "L") I'm not much good at estimating area but I'd say its at least 5 acres and has tench to over 6lb and plenty of doubles and 20s in the carp. Its also a lovely place to go (preferably when its warm).

T

Tony wainwright

Doesnt time fly? I've just been in touch with Burton mere and the two lakes which used to be for trout are now used for match fishing. They said that they are choc full of Carp, Tench, Bream etc. Struck me as a pastie bashing venue, for which if I am wrong I apologise to Terry unreservedly.

M

Malcolm Bason

I'd like to go on this one too - home probs allowing!!!

How's it going wend, me ol'e flower??

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I won't be putting a list together for months yet Malc. In the world of fair-play, I'll offer the first spots to those who atended the first one. This will probably be a lot larger though so all should get in, although I've had to book Wendy in as default as quite simply, I wouldn't be able to bare the ear-bashing.

M

Malcolm Bason

No probs Stu, I realised that, but just wanted to get in on the thread. I'll rack my brains (what bit I've got) and if i can come up with a venue choice too! ;o)

C

Cakey

Just a suggestion lets do it in France next year? Fish-in,Compo,holiday all rolled into one.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Earlswood Lakes
Earlswood
Solihull
Warwickshire

Tel: 01564 702705 (Ansaphone)
For club matches and enquiries please contact Liz on 01827 252066

Kingston Grange Farm
Banbury Road
Lighthorne
Warwick
CV35 0AE
Tel: 01926 640479

With Mirror Carp to 31lbs, bream to 5lbs, perch to top the 4lb mark and a good head of crucians, roach and the occasional tench and rudd.

Bluebell Fishery
Tansor
near Oundle
Northamptonshire
PE8 5HN
Tel: 01832 226042 or 01945 780309
Perhaps best known of the waters is the nationally renowned Kingfisher Lake which has to date produced two Common Carp over 40lbs and 15 fish over 30lbs. The biggest Common in 1998 was 39lb 14oz. In addition there are catfish over 30lbs, Grass Carp over 30lbs, bream to 14lbs and tench into double figures.

R

Rob Stubbs

Why 'somewhere up north' ? Surely there's <arguably> more better waters in the southern half of the country. And less arguably somewhere around Leics / Northants is probably not too far for most people.

I would agree Bluebell perhaps but booking the whole place <which is what would be needed> ????

Rob.

W

Its CHARITY MATE, dont matter where it is. We had the last one darn sarf, i been trying to scan the midlands area. I'm sure Tony would welcombe the idea (well maybe)!!!

S

Stuart Bullard

Twiddling thumbs Stu?

From my experience this year it mattered not one jot whether the lake was empty! By the time I got to my swim I was simply too pissed to fish. As for Warren and Barney, well.....

Anywhere north of Whatford is to far North!!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Got the cheque stu, cheers. Good idea Cakey about France, but perhaps we should change it to Barbados.....

I am so going to push you in on Monday!

W

Barbados on Concorde, YEAH, get down.

Waaahooooooooooooooo.