24 Hour Carp Compo (Second Chance)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Bo**ocks, been dangling for three days, i stink, just ran me a nice hot bath and the ba**tards stone cold. That searching out a bloody venue that it ran cold.
Oh, and congrats on the sprog Stu.

C

Carp Angler

If it's at Bluebell, then you can count me out (probably also Stormin, Coops and anyone else who's been unfortunate enough to be relieved of ?40 from them)

M

Malcolm Bason

"If it's at Bluebell, then you can count me out (probably also Stormin, Coops and anyone else who's been unfortunate enough to be relieved of ?40 from them)"

DITTO!!! I've been stupid to go back there, and back there, and back..... I ain't goin again!!!

M

Mike Lee

Hi folks - first time looking on here for a long while.
Carp angler and Malcolm, Why's you dissing da Bluebell Lakes man?
Why were you relieved of ?40?
People pay to fish for Benson - If they wanna then good luck to 'em I say.
Bluebell lake has got loads of ickle pretty fish in it and ?17.50 for 24 hours and 6 - 10 fish seems OK if you like that sort of thing.
I would rather fish a venue like this and EVERYBODY GET SOME ACTION than sit on no fish for 24 hours.
Comments...

C

Carp Angler

I don't like being told that there only 3 people on the lake and then finding out that there are only 2 swims left, after you've paid (as you know you're not allowed on until you've paid your money)

People who lie and don't respect me don't get the benefit of my custom.

M

Mike Lee

I take your point there Rik....
It's a shame that people don't realise that there's a public right of way through the Bluebell Complex (the nene way).
It's not particularly well signposted either.
I park in the car park, pop my head inside the tackle shop/cafe and out of courtesy 'ask' if it's alright if I have a walk around.
Never been refused, and, when I was fishing on there, got to see if I thought it was worth having a go for ?17.50 for 24 hours.
Out of interest, seen Benson five times now in the same snag (subtle hint!) seems strange to me that people fish for ages on Kingfisher and don't even go anywhere near where Benson feels safe!
It's a pity that you've had a bad experience on there, I'd feel the same way as you do mate.
The venue does lend itself to the compy though.

C

Carp Angler

I'll still not go back on there Mike and I'll warn everyone else of the same thing.

We need somewhere that they'll let us book the whole lake/complex anyway.
We don't want to be sharing with the common folk now do we?

Pendleview looks OK Dave, but that's tundra country surely?
I'll need my skidoo to go that far norf....

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I'm astonished Rik and thoroughly disgusted. You never hear me slagging venues. If I don't like a venue, I put it down to a one off experience and keep all to myself.

Anyone fished Bury Hill lately?

C

Carp Angler

I wouldn't be so easily scared off by threats of being sued.

You can only be successfully sued if you're not telling the truth.

I refer you to here
and here

M

Malcolm Bason

I have fished the Bluebell Complex about 15 times - in all that time I've had two carp (during the same session) both doubles! I have personally witnessed 6 fish being caught (on Kingfisher) - thats not much of a return rate for the money; and the fishery is ALWAYS busy!

I know this is straying from the point of the thread, but just wanted to reiterate the point that Rik has made re: the Bluebell Complex.

I'd be happy to fish anywhere for the point of this '24hr carp compo' and would go along with all the suggestions thus far put forward!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
I’d never start a fight I couldn’t finish, I’d never tackle legal issues without being able to cover costs whatever the outcome. But along the way, if two of my posts are removed for being too aggressive and then I am politely asked by the Editor to calm my opinionated posts for regulated control ethics, only you could say that I was scared off by threats of being sued!

and you personally know better than that!

C

Carp Angler

You're a big, fat, girly poof and I shall now refer to you as Denise.

A

Alan Roe

Oi! Yer pair of Southern shandy drinking Woofters.

Selby Three Lakes...Great venue secure parking good fishing and as a bonus ya might even get to grope Jules Cundiff!!!

Go to Yorkshire if ya think yer hard enough!!

D

Dave Johnson

I know who can do the BBQ this time Rik.....sterling effort the other night mate, as the 'scene from blazing saddles' springs to mind....my missus will never moan about me farting again after spending an evening with you around a camp fire!!!!!

and the lamb kebabs were great the next morning.....

bloody parkings a bit pricey down there though......

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
he started it.... ner ner ner ner ner...

Lamb Kebabs? You stealing my recipes again Ricky?