Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Carp Angler Guest

I'm carping tomorrow on a local small gravel pit that hasn't seen many fish banked recently.
    People using their usual winter tactics just are not catching, only the occasional tench.

So me being me, I'm going to fish it summer style and fill it in, just to be different.
    I'll obviously let you know how I get on, but have any of you fished totally different to the norm and had any success?

Only last Friday I fished the Lower Severn with five other anglers. I don't know what all the others were doing but I went against the norm of using a huge bait and used a relatively small one instead. I had an 8-pounder, one other lost a good fish, and the others blanked.

I don't know if it was the bait size that made the difference, but it certainly didn't do me any harm.

So why not fill in your water tomorrow and use a different size hookbait than the norm?

Paul Hawkins Guest

Yeah, fill it in Big man!
    Great minds think alike although my thoughts are turning toward some cagey local barbel, they is gonna get some hemp and pellet next trip out!

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt Guest

How did you get on Rik?

Not done any specie stuff for a while but the same can be said for some match fishing, I fished our usual Xmas match at Tingrith and as everybody there fishes light on the pole, I fished heavy on the tip. I weighed in 16Ib for third out of 18 anglers. The guy who came 2nd had switched from the pole to the feeder after seeing me catch.

I'm sure that when the fish are getting it all the same all the time, by doing it different has a big effect. It could be something as small as just using a long hook link, or something more adveturous as filling it in.

Have we gotta wai until 2011?

Are you slow Rik?

Earth to Rik, Earth to Rik,

Big Rik Guest

Wally ****** clown thinks she's being funny by digging up 5 year old threads

Love it, Clown is great, sort of Circus like!!!

christian tyroll Guest

lol clasic, love the reply ;-)
    "wally ****** clown thinks he's being funny..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast