Come On!

S

stu black

26 now, been fishing since i could stand up.
Started with my Grandad who cut down 1 of his rods, 3lb line tied straight to the end and a quill float to a small hook. I used to catch some tiddlers but never seemed to catch as much as him, for some reason?

Only a couple of years ago i didn't have a "personal best" in any species but i started targeting the larger fish wherever i went, almost sub-consciously. so i ended up bying some scales, i now have a very modest list of confirmed "personal bests".

6 weeks ago i bought into a (very cheap) syndicate on a stunning 8 acre estate lake containing apprx 11 carp between roughly 20-36lb. This is the water i'm starting the speci-carp learning curve on.

A bit long-winded (sorry) could have just said after a 20 odd year "apprenticeship" i'm going big fish hunting!

Cheers Y'all
Stu

D

Dave Rothery

Oh yeah, the point of that was that people should READ THE PACKET THAT THE PRODUCT COMES IN. People like Kryston/Nash/etc all produce really good leaflets with their product on how to get the best from them, all of them are good rigs etc because they want you to catch, 'cause you'll buy more of their product. end of sermon!

D

Dave Rothery

You dont need to tell me that-i work with electronics! also known as "last resort leaflet"

T

The Monk

Actually I think the guys who write some of these manuals have a better sense of humour than me?

D

Dave Rothery

Wasn't it Terry Pratchet that reckoned a demon came to earth, read a computer guarantee, sent it to the "sell your soul" dept down under and said "learn guys......."

T

The Monk

I see your into the heavy academic stuff Dave, an excellent writer old Terry!

C

Chris Bishop

I agree with **** Walker. To paraphrase, the best anglers aren't the ones who've caught the biggest fish, they're the ones who get the most enjoyment out of it.

I was fishing up in Lincs the other week and after a while an old boy and his gtrandson came wandering along the drain.

The lad tried to fish but he had 10lb line and an old spinning rod and couldn't even cast.

I went back to the car, got an old spool of 4lb line and a few bits and pieces and set him up, showed him how to cast etc.

He caught a couple of dozen roach, skimmers and perch and kept bringing them up the bank to show me.

His grandad came up to thank me when they packed it in. He said: "I've never seen him have so much fun, I've just retired and I've decided after today I'm going to get myself a rod and start fishing too."

I caught a few that day, nothing outstanding, but it was the best day out I've had all season. In fact I enjoyed it more than if I'd had a 20.