Waterproofs Sizes

C

Carp Angler

I was looking for some decent camo waterproofs and trolling through the usual catalogues (please don't blather on about army surplus etc etc) and I looked at the Sundridge Leaftex, but they are unable to supply any shops until January.
So I got looking at the Shimano Tribal clothing, they list their sizes as M, L, XL and XXL.
Unable to find any relation to XXL to actual inches, I phoned Shimano themselves, who were also unable to help me (how good is that?) apart from the XXL trousers which have a waist measurement of 37-38 inches.
Now I know most people are slimmer than me, but 38 for an XXL?
Dropping 2 inches per size would make an XL 36, a L 34 and a M 32".

Call me silly if you like, but if I had a 34" waist, I wouldn't class myself as large.

That aside, why don't they publish the real sizes in their brochure, or at least their staff could possess this knowledge.

I've come to think of Shimano as a quality company, after this escapade, I'm having a serious re-think.

D

David Will

I have just replaced my igloo bib and brace.I was told I needed giant , I argued but sure enough at 6'3" 34 waist and 33" inside leg I am indeed a giant! Mind you if you look at the Sundridge catalogue and the size chart in there I should be a 44 " waist and about a 50 " chest.

S

Steve Watson

What, 38" for XXL, what utter nonsense from what is normally a quality company!

I have a waist of 42-44, I would class this as XL but I still feel this is not that great a size but it would still make a far more sensible XXL than 38", who the hell is a true 32"?

Ah just thought, and I do not mean any disrespect here but have they read these sizes from the eastern office data sheets as I do know that Japanese and Chinese sizes are much smaller?

Just a thought mate!

C

Carp Angler

When you consider these are to be used over warm clothing (fleece sweater etc) then the sizes are preposterous and they are missing out on probably 75% of the market.

Most clothing is made with a 4" drop, which is the difference between chest and waist measurements.
38" waist and 42" chest.
That is not extra, extra large.

C

Carp Angler

I did phone the UK office Bob ;o)

I can only assume that they knew what they were talking about.

D

Dave Rothery

I know you said dont go on about army surplus, but i'm about a 32" waist, but had to get 44" goretex trousers! they must quote maximum size (being elasticated) strangely the 40" chest jacket had loads of room - they must allow for jackets underneath

S

Stuart Johnson

Rik, you are bloody masive mate.

But the makers must be taking the p*** as according to them I am at least a xl or xxl

S

Stormin' Norman

I had to buy Giant so why can't you? Poncy leaftek patterns as well.

But I have to agree with you, clothing sizes are shite. I'm 42" waist 56" chest. I can buy normal trousers but getting a sweatshirt or fleece top is a joke. I have to go to the big mans shop for shirts and stuff and end up paying double or triple the price for clothes.

B

Bob Watson

I must be a skinny tw@ 32" waist and 38" chest, medium in shirts etc, large in angling gear.

C

Carp Angler

Mike
I think you've mixed those measurements around......

D

Dave Johnson

what about that ponco you had on the other day? that was just a bivvy .........

D

Dave Johnson

visions of a crap angler walking along the Dove with a 'Fox Evolution' on as a jacket!!!!pissa..

and Deb says where are her shite CD'S you promised?

A

Andy Wiles

this sundridge leaftex sounds cool, not heard of it and cant find anything on the net, is it brand new out in jan ??

anyone any pics of what it's like or prices etc,

cheers

andy

C

Carp Angler

It's a camo similar to Garlands, but not the same, I thought it looked OK, but Graham said it looked like a pair of curtains.
(obviously a royal commandos curtains)
The 3/4 jacket is ?100 and the waist high trousers are about ?60 (retail)
(?66 and ?40 trade inc. VAT)

Certainly a lot cheaper than Realtree, but they only bought in limited stocks and can't supply the demand.

C

Carp Angler

Because it's massively overpriced.

100 items for ?500 and charging ?100 a go for them.
I've a mate who buys it by the lorry load and most of it is pretty crap, even for 2nd hand gear.

Plus I'm a tart really......

D

Dave Rothery

Blimey! I paid ?40 for a "grade a" second goretex jacket, and ?30 for the trousers - both look mint to me, apart from people thinkng my name is "tug"! i think most things have a bigger mark up than you think - sometimes its hidden as "retrospective" payments to the dealers (i'm not talking tackle here). At the end of the day, its not how much they make, its how much your happy paying