What A Load Of Binoculars!

• Thread starter Sir Steven Blanksalot
  • Start date
S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

Can anyone recommend a good pair of binoculars fore carp fishing, I have seen a few pairs about but am unsure on what to look for!? :)

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Depends on your budget Steven and other factors such as strength and weight. I went throught he same ordeal some time ago and eventually settled on a pair from argos at around ?150 although you can pick them up for around ?15 upwards. The only advice I could give is start from the bottom mate, look at the weight you are prepared to cary around with you then factor in your budget. What I would say is get yourself a cheap and cheerful set and then take into considertation how much you'll use them within a six month period, if the need is reat, then upgrade mae.

B

Butcher Boy

Jessops 10x50 ZCF.

Nice and light, bright to look through and full size.
And only ?35.
A good starting pair.
Have been very pleased with mine.
Have not tried them at really long range but up to around 80-100 they are fine.

B

Butcher Boy

80-100 yards. That should say.

How come this forum has no "Edit" facility?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
To prevent people editing earlier messages that would possibly make nonsense out of subsequent replies.

Better to have the odd typo or clarifying follow-up message (as you did above) than that.

B

Butcher Boy

Didn't realise I was being negative?
That's a smile on both posts.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Don't take no notice of Cakey Butcher Boy, we've made a decision to all go fishing just so we can pull Cakey's head right out of his own arse!! He's a miserable old git all round at the moment mate and if he decides to turn up the weekend to fish with us then he's gonna be pushed in! (I also think he misses his mate Ron Clay)

C

Carp Angler

I think Cakey was being amusing about BB's forum picture.....

It wasn't a fart gag, so fatty Denise missed it.

D

Dave Rothery

Stu's only 2'6" so everything goes straight over his head.....

B

Butcher Boy

Missed it at first myself.
But you can't beat a bit of banter.

:))))))))

C

Carp Angler

I see that Tesco's are selling a compact camera and small binocular set for ?19.99 each, but they are doing a buy one get one free deal on them.