BIG carp fishing in staffordshire/shropshire

J

John Pickering

I have only just started dedicated carp fishing and is finding it very hard to find somewhere with BIG carp.Catching little 12-13lb isn't hard but i cant find anywhere with 30lb+ fish.Does anybody know any good pools?

M

Mark Inskip

There are lots of Lakes/Mere's in Staffs and Shropshire with "big carp" in them, although I think you are setting your sights a bit high looking at 30plus as you have only just started fishing for only carp! Sorry if this sounds patronising, but wouldnt setting your sights on a 20lb fish be more realistic? (especially as 30plus fish are not that common).

In Staffordshire you have two lakes with 30's in them in the middle of Stoke on Trent. One I'm not going to mention as its busy enough but the other is Westport lake which I think has a scrapper 30 in it, but plenty of 20's. Busy water which is weedy but the female joggers certainly give you something to watch when the fishings slow.

Trentham Gardens in Stoke has some big fish but not sure how big and how you go about fishing it. Last I heard they were charging huge amounts for a syndicate.

Lots of club waters which give you the possibility of a 20 plus fish, it depends where you live and how far you want to travel.

I fished in Shropshire for the past few years. Beautiful waters..some big fish...but I'm still discovering different waters there myself.

T

The Monk

Have a word with old Tim Paisley, Birch Grove is worth a week, more carp per square foot than any other water I've fished!

D

Dave Rothery

.....which makes you feel even worse when you blank!
mangrove and erewhon close by-may be a "tad" difficult to get in though!

T

The Monk

I've blanked there once too mate, the thing that round me up most was I took the lad for his first visit when he was 13 and he took a 32lb Mirror (his 5th thirty at the time!

chadder

Reaction score
can you tell me if the gorsty hall is fishing well please

fishaman phil

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to join a good fishing club in or around staffordshire that as good carp waters, Does anyone know of any without a waiting list?

gizzy1

Reaction score
catchems

ay up mark its gizzy ive been trying to find out whos got that pool aswell lad i been trying for a couple of year now let me no if u get it ??????????? cheers