new reel

russ case

Reaction score
I have just brought a new shimano 5000re baitrunner. after playing around with it for a while i have noticed when i shake it there is quite a loud rattle coming from around the rear drag area. can anyone please tell me if this normal or do i have a dodgy reel.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
sorry, didn't mean to sound abrupt Russ, but that don't sound right to me mate.

russ case

Reaction score
Thanks Stuart. My wife phoned the shop up this morning and agreed this was not wright, they were very apologetic and promised to send a replacement out straight away. Just a bit of bad luck I suppose.
Thanks again.

Humberside angling

Reaction score
Shimano pride themselves in quality products and all new shimano products now come with a 2 year guarentee, so send it back and you should recieve a replacement or the reel back within a week normally.

russ case

Reaction score
Just for the record I am in now way putting down shimano products. I have about 5 shimano reels and would not buy anything else. All of these have been excelent quality and have lasted very well. I wonder what went wrong with my baitrunner?. I must have got the enevitable 1 out of 10000.. bad ones that got through quality controll. Anyway as I said I am looking forward to getting my replacement tommorow and trying it out.
thanks.