The fish are "too big"

A

andrew jackson

Match anglers never seem satisfied, or is it just me? Carp in most environments will grow to a reasonable size. That is an unavoidable fact. So if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Or more to the point don't go in there in the first place. Do these clubs/fishery owners, think that nature is going to change the rules just to suit them? I think not! For my money the only way to have a lake with lots of small carp is to keep them in a constant state of semi starvation. Would any one like to try and justify that. There are some well run muddy holes, but unless the fish are small because of genetics then for my money, they are as bad as the poorly run one's.

R

Rob Brownfield

Mr. Moores. I was a member of the Aberdeen and District Angling Association for many years. I gave up my membership after many arguements about Salmon and Sea Trout conservation. I did not want to be associated with a club that constantly moaned about the lack of Salmon, but who hauled me up infront od the commitee for releasing a salmon.

I have a major problem with clubs that take but do not put back.

I was also a member of the Laurencekirk and District, and the Stonehaven and District, but due to being outside there catchment area now, sadly have had to relinquish my tickets for these.

I find it hard to understand that a salmon , fresh of the tide and full of spawn can be killed, but a salmon that is spawned out, and near death through exhaustion has to be returned.

Imagine killing all the pregnant sheep in a field and then wondering why, come spring, there are no lambs!!!

Sorry..

J

Jon Moores

Rob

I'm not sure what most of this has to do with my earlier post.

BTW the club I'm a member of is on the S.Esk.

Jon

R

Rob Brownfield

Jon...sorry...I was in a strange mood earlier!!....
I fished both Esks...interesting waters.

J

Jon Moores

Rob

I guess you know the club, but in case not, it's Kirriemuir Angling Club. They have several miles of the South Esk in Glen Clova, plus water on the Isla and Prosen. Subs have unfortunately increased this year to ?130. There are vacancies.

Jon

S

Steve Baker

A carp fishery close to me recently had a great lake full of roach perch and smallish carp that were growing fast. The lake was a typical oval type with bays and one big island at one end. now in the summer it got emptied and drained, so i asked the manager why/ and he said that the matchmen were complaining that the people that drew their pegs near the island had an unfair advantage over the people in the middle pegs. So now they have made the pool uniform depth all the way around, and everone with a descent pole can fish to the island. Isnt a part of match fishing the luck of the draw? Also they removed all the gudeon as the match men said there was too many in the pool. What else do the match men want?

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
"What else do the match men want?"

A warm wind to blow constantly into every peg probably.