west sussex

quorky

Reaction score
going over me mates new house to do sum work dus any body no of any good lakes around the area.do a weekend fishing after the works dun

Windy

Reaction score
What he /\/\/\ said....
Quite a few decent places, just depends whereabouts you are starting from - no point in recommending you somewhere the other side of the county from where you actually are !
Good luck one way or the other.
Furnace is good tho ;)

Windy

Reaction score
Fisheries.co.uk - Furnace Lakes Fishery, Slinfold, West Sussex

If you want somewhere fairly special then Furnace is worth considering, tho it certainly gets busy, especially on a bank holiday weekend - double especially if the bank holiday you are referring to is Easter....

Usual disclaimers apply, I have no personal or commercial connection with Furnace lakes or at all, simply a happy occasional visitor. Get there early, as swims can't be reserved, ask nicely for a quad bike lift - takes the arsing out of shifting your gear round the lake - and IMHO avoid the small Specimen / Roman lakes etc, especially on a bank holiday, every swim taken and pegs a wee bit close to each other for my taste. The big lake is the real thing....

Altenatively there is always Beaver Farm, about ten to 12 miles north east of Horsham

Beaver Farm Fisheries :: Index

Definitely worth consideration and the venue for two or three of this forum's past Catfish Fish-in weekends over the last four or five years. Not just Catfish tho, some bloody good Carp in there and bivvy friendly for a weekend, tho not quite as posh as Furnace.

Ditto usual disclaimer, no personal or commercial connection etc. But if anyone at Beaver feels grateful for the plug I won't say no to a bribe and / or discount for any return visit.... :D:wh

Last edited: