Carp Angler

Lonsdale Park
Cumwhinton, Cumbria
Day ticket: ?4.50 or ?6 non-residents
Carp 30lbs, Ghost carp 25lbs, Grass carp 25lbs
Tel: Paul Drinkall 01228 573375

I

Iain Wishart

Depending on the size of fish you want..(a 20lb is a BIG fish in this region).
Try Bigland Hall, Newby Bridge (Few fish but over 20lb). Also Windermere, Ambleside and District waters (No night fishing but reasonable stock upto 20lb)
If anybody wants more detail please email me.

A

Andy Bird

Thanks for replying Iain. any info would be a great help .
Andy Bird

S

sam oddy

Andy - I heard somewhere that Loch Maben just over the Border has a stock of quite large carp - in excess of 20lb.I'll try to hunt the contact number out,(from memory the fishing is run by a very helpful Liverpudlian)and leave it with Chris at Cocklakes. cheers, Sam

R

Rob Brownfield

Loch Maben, as far as i know, contains no carp. There is a loch near by that does, but they are few and far between. A better bet is to fish some of the waters in Dumfries and Galloway. There are a few her, run by the Palakona Guest house. He has several waters containing crp, or, travel another hout north to Lanak for one of the best waters in Scotland. Loads of doubles with a record of 24 pounds.

I

Iain Wishart

I forgot to mention Oakbank fishery near Longtown....a mature gravel pit with fish to 20lb plus? Day Ticket on site?
Also Roanhead Fisheries near Barrow, fish to 30lb?...season tickets only, but try local tackle shops for further info

A

Andy Bird

I fish Oakbank quite a bit , with reasonable results . I like the sound of Roanhead though , 30 lbs you say

phill pohl

Reaction score
At roanhead high pond has the biggest in, there is a fish called herty gerty which my mate has had out at 39 although the club does not publicise this i think they put it at mid 30 from years ago but it had put weight on also a few other 30s to go at.Bit of back bitting and nobs to put up with i believe though and you need a furness penninsula postcode