could anyone give me some information on carp fishing in cumbria

Carp Angler Guest

Lonsdale Park
    Cumwhinton, Cumbria
    Day ticket: 4.50 or 6 non-residents
    Carp 30lbs, Ghost carp 25lbs, Grass carp 25lbs
    Tel: Paul Drinkall 01228 573375

Iain Wishart Guest

Depending on the size of fish you want..(a 20lb is a BIG fish in this region).
    Try Bigland Hall, Newby Bridge (Few fish but over 20lb). Also Windermere, Ambleside and District waters (No night fishing but reasonable stock upto 20lb)
    If anybody wants more detail please email me.

Andy Bird Guest

Thanks for replying Iain. any info would be a great help .
    Andy Bird

Iain Wishart Guest

try the WADAA website at http://www.sodo.freeserve.co.uk/wada...coarsefish.htm.
    Just don't believe the fish weights that are listed!!! (fish are smaller)

sam oddy Guest

Andy - I heard somewhere that Loch Maben just over the Border has a stock of quite large carp - in excess of 20lb.I'll try to hunt the contact number out,(from memory the fishing is run by a very helpful Liverpudlian)and leave it with Chris at Cocklakes. cheers, Sam

Rob Brownfield Guest

Loch Maben, as far as i know, contains no carp. There is a loch near by that does, but they are few and far between. A better bet is to fish some of the waters in Dumfries and Galloway. There are a few her, run by the Palakona Guest house. He has several waters containing crp, or, travel another hout north to Lanak for one of the best waters in Scotland. Loads of doubles with a record of 24 pounds.

Iain Wishart Guest

I forgot to mention Oakbank fishery near Longtown....a mature gravel pit with fish to 20lb plus? Day Ticket on site?
    Also Roanhead Fisheries near Barrow, fish to 30lb?...season tickets only, but try local tackle shops for further info

Andy Bird Guest

I fish Oakbank quite a bit , with reasonable results . I like the sound of Roanhead though , 30 lbs you say

Ormsgill Reservoir, Barrow-in-Furness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast