Which bite alarms?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of Fox STR's that I have been generally happy with for the past few years, but I've always had a slight doubt about the 'sensitivity' settings on the alarms.

So, now I am considering investing in a set of Delkim Txi Plus together with the 6 Way Receiver.

The question is; (for those with the Delkim Txi Plus) what has been your experience with them, how rugged or waterproof are they, how 'sensitive' are they and would you recommend purchasing them?

Cakey

Reaction score
PJ fo and delks are both very reliable and very water proof
my dislikes on the delks is the horrible noise they make ,they are not very repairable can change battery clips is about alland they leave no scope or room for mods so get the delks ha ha ha

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
PJ fo and delks are both very reliable and very water proof
my dislikes on the delks is the horrible noise they make ,they are not very repairable can change battery clips is about alland they leave no scope or room for mods so get the delks ha ha ha

I thought you had the Delks Cakey?

As for the noise they make, well, Wol said you've never heard yours for real as you never catch owt, thats what he said, honest injun!

As for 'mods' does that mean you cannot change the LEDs?

If so, I'd better make sure I get the colour I fancy - that Purple Haze looks nice . . . . . . . . . .

Cakey

Reaction score
no Im a Fox man .....................I do like the purple haze
and Wol is a has been

heathbryant45

Reaction score
Hmmmm, now let me see, i buy some Delks, reco them to Stu Dennis, he buys them, Riks see's them and he buys them, Knowlesy see's mine and he buys them, Phil Smith gets them after seeing mine. Delks without doubt and the after sales is far better than Fox will ever be!

You must have Purple Haze.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, now let me see, i buy some Delks, reco them to Stu Dennis, he buys them, Riks see's them and he buys them, Knowlesy see's mine and he buys them, Phil Smith gets them after seeing mine. Delks without doubt and the after sales is far better than Fox will ever be!

You must have Purple Haze.

Thanks Wol, mind you, I didn't realise that they were so, er, common? LOL

I think I'm persuaded - Purple Haze it is with matching Purple Haze Nite lites, of course?

tinca taker

Reaction score
Has to be delkims! mine are 10yrs + and the sensibility is still faultless. Had a6 oz roach at about 60yds toying with my halibut intended for carp and caught the bleeder red finned!!
I'm also one of the worlds worst for maintaining gear and they've really taken some stick!!

Cakey

Reaction score
Wol has reminded me of another dislike of delks ,they break very easily when a drunk passes out on them:wh

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Note to self:

Make sure you stay sober, and if not, try to miss the 400 quids worth of bite alarms on the way down . . . . . . . . . .

Second note to self: never go French Carping with these two above ^

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I've used the Delks, be in no doubt they are a quality product..........

But I prefer the Fox mmxr's. (which don't have a very good reputation -I found that out after buying mine). Mine have been faultless. The thing I didn't like about the Delks was the fact the seemed far too sensitive for the methods/venues I fish, just a personal thing I guess, but I would'nt change at the momment.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Mark, thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

My STR's are reliable but I'm just not convinced about the sensitivity.

These will be used for both Carp and Tench fishing in the future.