Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Well known fish or not you've got to be impressed with a lump like that. How long before it, or another genuine Brit, tops 60lb I wonder?

Philip Inzani Guest

yep, certainly very impressive from whats supposed to be an unbelivably difficult venue.

It would be great to see an unknown fish take the record..... trouble is there are lots of secret squirrels out there!

Carp Angler Guest

and then some.

Rob Brownfield Guest

ahhh....looks like the 2 u pay for Partridge artifical sweetcorn is well worth it !! (2 quid for 10 bits of foam....bloody rip off)

Cracking fish though....green with evvy!!

Iain Wishart Guest

What a monster!....how much bigger can a carp grow in the UK?

Philip Inzani Guest

World record is 82+ ...catch it, put it in a tank and transport it by van to the UK then dump it in a small pond and there you go....new British record!

sam oddy Guest

I seem to recall a common that lived in unfished for splendour in a piece of water located in a yorkshire(?) fun park. This died several years ago at a weight reportedly in excess of 60lbs.

Carp Angler Guest

The pictures of the world record, show it as a genetic freak.
    Like most carp over the 50lb size, they are a very small percentage who have the correct genetics, coupled with an ideal lake and food sources.

I think 65lb is tops for the UK (Two-tone) unless another fish with equally good genetics comes thru the ranks.

Phil, you're such a sceptic )

Philip Inzani Guest

Rik...spend a bit of time over here watching the un-marked white vans with the english number plates turn up at your favourite venue in the middle of the night and you might feel the same!

Rob Brownfield Guest

If fish farmers can use infra red heating and high protein food to get Brown trout to over 50 pounds in weight, I dont see why we could not get a 70 pound UK grown Carp. May not be politically correct, but it would be a UK fish....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast