Whelford pools

R

Rich Halliday

I night fished whelford in the week and caught three fish from the top pool. I had a 12,15 and 21lb on peperami all between 2 and 5am. Iwas well chuffed seing as its been strugling recently. Any one been there recently ? . If so how did you get on ?

C

Cliff Parkin

Are you fishing the top lake or on the syndicate lake as b4 it went syndicate I was shown a spot that fished fantastic and funally enough i caught at exactly the same times as you state.

R

Rich Halliday

No i havent joined the syndicate, simple reason is south cerney angling club is much better value for money. 8 lakes with most species avalaible, 2 or 3 stretchs of river and soon a canal. Its ?35 a year with the chance of catchin a few 30s from either ham pool or whitefriars.

J

jason fisher

i don't know wether it's true but i heard rumours they are stopping the syndicate and turning the lake back to day ticket,
so it's off to the end peg and fish up again the wire again then is it.

CRAZY carper

Reaction score
Yeah i heard that rumor a while ago. If they do it will put whelford back on the map big time. I guess its a case of watch this space.

Ryan Jackson

Reaction score
no jokes guys im 15 my uncle lives there and in the swim next to his house ive caught a 16 22 and my biggest a 29 i was reli happy i landed the other two on my own but the 29 my uncle helped apparently wen he moved in he got told that there was a 55lb catfish in there and a 25lb pike in there any one caught any tench my biggest is a 11lb wooo

lea ockwell

Reaction score
weres the best spot on whelford pools as i never fished it before ive been on south cerney on and off for 13 years

terry frant

Reaction score
im going down to welford pools this weekend i have fished there loads of times if any1 wondering i awllways use maple 8 bollie and maple8 syrp on my pva sticks and hook bait choice i would use maple8 bollie whittled dow on the hair/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifhope that helps

tight lines

pocoyo

AVIT06

Reaction score
hi all,i fish there as often as i can and the best peg on the top pool is the point in the far left hand corner,always catch on 3 pieces of fake pop-up corn,and pink pop-up boilies are doing well at mo.fish the marginsthey do really well.as for the syndicate lake gerry is not turning it back to day ticket,fished down there couple of weeks ago,on the point and done well,had lots of carp upto 28lb,its a lovely place and gerry will always help i.e good pegs and what baits are doing well,just ask

David Baker 2

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am hoping to fish Whelford after Easter can you offer any advice on swims and bait as I haven't fished here for a couple of years?

crafter carper

Reaction score
#olly your never gunna catch anyway

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif