Pendle View Fishery

T

Twainy

I've just been for a look round this fishery and its a really nice place.
Its been chosen as the venue for the British Carp Championships in June.
Biggest carp out last year was 35lb+.
Bream to 14lb taking snowman rigs using an 18mm boilie!
Anyone fished there?
It looks a good, well managed set up but its main problem from my point of view is that they dont take bookings. Even for me only 20 mins away in Burnley thats no good as they are arriving on a Thursday night for the week end. Mid week is better fishing and easy to get on.
The lady who I spoke to was really friendly and very keen for my opinions as the place has only been run by them for two years.
There is a toilet block, shop, showers and access for cars to all swims.
I hope it fishes as well as it looks.
So, anyone been there?

Tony Nixon

Reaction score
i fished there last friday fished match lake i caught around 30 small carp and 15 tench bigest 4.5-5lb on feeder etheir on pallet or double maggot

Tony Nixon

Reaction score
i am starting too fly fish need some
advice on casting also tying leader to line
also need general advice

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ask on the game fishing section

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
I've fished it a few times over the last few years and generally the new people have made improvements.
However,I paid good money to be kept awake most of the night by wannabee carpers last year .
Spoke to the owners about it at Lancs Show. I felt that the bailiff should have been more on top of the situation.

T

Twainy

Apparently they have a new bailiff who is a carper so with a bit of luck it won't happen again.
I cant help feeling that they are trying to cover too wide a market as there are very few child restrictions.
Also the pleasure fisherman are mixed with the carpers and crossing lines has been a problem.
In all fairness to the owners they do try to shield the carpers from the worst of it by not letting the pleasure anglers on adjacent pegs. Also there is no accounting for the ignorance of some people. I'd never dream of casting in before asking where anyones lines were.

C

Carp Angler

and I thought I was the only person who asked.

I spoke to a guy yesterday, he was about 5 or 6 swims up (about 100 yds) and asked where his left hand rod was, he thought I was pumping him for spots and info, and seemed very suprised when I told him that I didn't want to impinge on his fishing by casting to within 20 or 30 yds of his baits.

I just do it out of courtesy and would expect the same back. Some chance of that......

T

Twainy

I'd like to think that all of the anglers on this forum would do the same. If not I hope they learn something from reading this.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Twainy ,too wide a market is exactly right.Its a strange feeling when you awake to find an invasion of anglers arriving at first light.They are touting the fishery as a carp/specimen fishery and charging accordingly .Its a lot more expensive to fish now and unbelievably busy- due to the publicity of fish captures.Who is bailiffing it now? Last time I was there it was Gary.

O

Ozz

I'll give you some inside info on this place when we're at Snetterton mate, unless you want me to PM you?

F

Frothey

i find it odd people moaning about other anglers mixing with the carpers....surely we're all anglers? so long as they're not messing with my fishing, i dont give a monkeys whose fishing next to me

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
To right Frothey. Live and Let Live. Why do some anglers always put down anglers from other branchs of the sport. If they don't like the way a fishery is run go somewhere else. I used to fish pendle View when it was just a Trout fishery but when it was sold I just went somewhere else.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Frothey, I find it odd when people are wandering around in the early hours that do mess with my fishing !

T

Twainy

Ian, the bailiffs name is Darren and hes been there about a month.
It makes it less appealing when a water is getting hammered. Anyway I've decided that when I retire, soon I hope but it could be 20 years yet, I'm going to spend a summer just touring the country and fishing wherever I can.