Tackle shops

M

michael rouse

I'v got a bit of money spare and am thinking of upgrading my fox alarms to some steve nevilles(not the new stainless steel ones,the cheaper black ones).They retail at around 60 quid so im checking round the local shops for bargains.

Where do you buy your tackle from and does it have some good discounts?

M

michael rouse

No.I'v always liked the alarms.........and the fact that Terry Hearn uses them means that they cant be bad.

W

Wolfman Woody

Would these new ones attract any more fish resulting in more takes and more catches?

Or are you just becomming a tackle tart, Michael?

F

Frothey

money better spent on a decent ticket...

nowt wrong with being a tackle tart though jeff!

W

Wolfman Woody

I know. Just wait to you see me sporting my new Armo gear Dave!

C

Carp Angler

The original Nevilles, other than being waterproof, had no other adjustments or features.
To increase sensitivity you had to change the two magnet rolling wheel to a four magnet one.
They were loud though.
Does anybody still use rolling wheel bite alarms?

S

Stuart Bullard 3

I didn't think there was any other type Rik! Whats the alternative? I use the cheapest fox micron, which goes beeeeep and has a volume control. Nuff for me.

C

Carp Angler

loads have rocking arms and vibration type sensors.
I thought it was only the cheaper end of the market that had magnetic wheels, such as your ?20 Micron.
The vibration sensors are much more sensitive and their sensitivity is adjustable.

W

Wolfman Woody

I got a pair of Daiwas from years ago and they still work.. I've also got one of those cheap Microns and that works. Spending loads of dosh doesn't buy you more bites.

C

Carp Angler

tell that to the carp I hit on single beeps in the winter.......

F

Frothey

yeah, but terry uses them.....and you can p*** off everyone on the lake when adjusting the bobbins....

S

Stuart Bullard 3

I don't do winter......that is river time for me.

As for this pissing everyone off with noise, I find turning my volume control right down when I am adjusting the bobbins normally does the trick! Its amazing how many people are unaware of this...

C

Carp Angler

I turn mine off.
Noise travelling back down the line.... no thanks.