Just moved to west midlands

mastermark

Reaction score
Hi guys just moved to the midlands and looking for a little help on where to go carp fishing :)
I do have a car so traveling is ok, I'm near dudley I've asked around locally and its not good i.e. tackle theft bullies stabbings :( i really want to avoid that lol.
Anyway looking for a large place id rather pay annually as i will be mid week fishing a few times any suggestions guys ??
Only place I've been looking at that looks ok so far is blackfords lakes
:D:D

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Best of luck mate I am a only a few miles from you but I only fish day waters furnace mill being the best , If I find anything I'll come back to you , welcome to the forum though !

mastermark

Reaction score
Thanks mate there seems to be a lot of waters around its getting to ask people now really

tookadum

Reaction score
Hi m8.

Well I live near you in Bilston. There is a really good pool near me called Ladymoor Pool. I fish it often and get some good sport. Most Carp that come out are around the 4 - 5lb bracket. Meat, corn and boilies work well. My PB out of there is 12.5lb Common.
I hear that someone caught a 26lb one but cannot confirm that.
There is not too much hassle there as it is a pretty 'open' place.
There is another pool near me called the Rocket Pool. It's ok if you go with someone but on your own the kids can become a nuisance!
Moorcroft Nature Reserve is also ok. Plenty of fish in there but big Carp are rare.
All of the above are free to fish and easy access from the roads.

You should be able to find all 3 on the web if you need more info just get in touch.;)

---------- Post added at 07:04 ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 ----------

Parkes Hall also is good for Carp - again free fishing.

colin00007

Reaction score

rouse01

Reaction score
Hi guys just moved to the midlands and looking for a little help on where to go carp fishing :)
I do have a car so traveling is ok, I'm near dudley I've asked around locally and its not good i.e. tackle theft bullies stabbings :( i really want to avoid that lol.
Anyway looking for a large place id rather pay annually as i will be mid week fishing a few times any suggestions guys ??
Only place I've been looking at that looks ok so far is blackfords lakes
:D:D

brockamin pools in worcester is decent,got 2 pools,bottom pools got the lumps in,carp go up to 30+ in there,i had quite a few 20's out last year.both are runs waters & you should have some action.you can get a day ticket or season ticket from alans tackle in worcester.The fishery is fenced off & you are given code for gate & you dont get that many in the week so you wont be bothered.