Wyerside Fisheries - Sunny 2 lake

zodge302

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I are going to Wyerside Fisheries in Lancaster for the first time in June for a couple of nights fishing for carp, tench etc.

We are looking at fishing on Sunny 2.

Does anyone have any advice or tips on this lake at all?

Thank you in advance.

carperjake

Reaction score
I've fished Sunny 2 a couple of times, Peg 1 and Peg 7.

Peg 1 is a close range peg, fishing to the margins of the causeway got me a couple of fish including a lovely mid 20 common. Breakaway leads are important as it is rocky in places. Easy to bait up as you can walk along the causeway to bait up from, I cast onto the causeway and used a landing net pole with a PVA loop on to place the rig perfectly. Don't neglect the tiny bit of water on the right of the peg, they get in there as no one thinks to fish there, very sneaky beaky with light leads and slack lines pinned down. Keep the noise to a minimum and set up as far back as you can if you are targeting this area.

Peg 7 was a standard distance peg, look for the fish and cast to them when you see them. They do like a bit of bait too, I spent 3 hours spodding loads of particle in the pouring rain but it paid dividends as I had 6 fish that night, nothing huge, all doubles. But good fun.

Enjoy yourselves.