Wyreside

Willygunn

Reaction score
Anyone fished wyre lake at Wyreside, looking for a water for next year , but heard it's a very hard water with low stock levels and old fish

greenie62

Reaction score
Anyone fished wyre lake at Wyreside, looking for a water for next year , but heard it's a very hard water with low stock levels and old fish

I've not fished Wyre Lake at Wyreside - it's a membership-only water. Have fished other lakes there on overnight sessions in October - it was b----y cold! - when you can fish for Pike and Carp.

It's barbed hooks only - for Carp - but barbless OK for pike fishing - make sure you label your baits accordingly!:D And YES - Pike will go for ledgered Mussel - it happened to me there!

I got fed-up with the mopeds buzzing around the lakes when I was trying to get a couple of hours shut-eye - turns out that's how the fishery does it's Pizza deliveries!:D:eek:mg:

As regards the rumours about old fish etc. - check with the fishery - they've done some improvement work earlier this year including stock transfers, re-stocking, etc.

If you're into bivvying-up for 24hr sessions with a ton of rules on rigs and no-leaders then this could be the fishery for you!:)

mikench

Reaction score
What you never knew you never missed! This adage appears to apply perfectly to this venue!:rolleyes: