What ever happend to Griffins lake???

noknot

Reaction score
The one in Chartham, NR Canterbury, I used to love the lake and had some stunning old Carp in there back in the mid 80's. I caught my first ever 20+@ 21.5 F/S Mirror and a few more fish over the years, It only contained around 12 Carp back then, I had a total of 9 including a repeat capture of a 19.8 Mirror and again five years later @ 23.5, Happy days indeed:)

Last edited:

r1paul

Reaction score
Hi mate , I used to fish it with a few mates , late 70`s /80`s , gave up when the rubbish got bad , **** every where , plus all the tilly lamps used to be over the top .
Went back there to fish about 3 years ago , but it has been closed down due to vandals , shame .:(

noknot

Reaction score
Hi Les, thats a real shame as it was a lovely little pit and awesome looking Carp, did you catch many from there? On of my fav's was a 17.8 leather chestnut and ocre, a real stunner;)

Frothey

Reaction score
Ah, Griffins. Only fished it once

23_04Chartham.jpg

The corner shop sold the worst teabags in the planet - you needed about 23 of them per cup!

Frothey

Reaction score
about 89/90 i think.

now, i have had a magners or two since i fished it, but griffins was the one with the train track right next to it, couple had a bungalow at one end where there was an "out of bounds" area? or was that a totally different lake? Les talking about rubbish, vandalism and tilley lamps rang a bell lol!

noknot

Reaction score
Griffins, you had to walk right across a big playing field and enter by a gate, The owners had a big house and a very big garden with horses that backed onto the Back pool, and yes the railway line run along the far bank, Same?

Last edited: