Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default What ever happend to Griffins lake???

The one in Chartham, NR Canterbury, I used to love the lake and had some stunning old Carp in there back in the mid 80's. I caught my first ever 20+@ 21.5 F/S Mirror and a few more fish over the years, It only contained around 12 Carp back then, I had a total of 9 including a repeat capture of a 19.8 Mirror and again five years later @ 23.5, Happy days indeed
    Last edited by noknot; 11-10-2009 at 16:17.

Hi mate , I used to fish it with a few mates , late 70`s /80`s , gave up when the rubbish got bad , **** every where , plus all the tilly lamps used to be over the top .
    Went back there to fish about 3 years ago , but it has been closed down due to vandals , shame .
    The future has a way of arriving unannounced .

Hi Les, thats a real shame as it was a lovely little pit and awesome looking Carp, did you catch many from there? On of my fav's was a 17.8 leather chestnut and ocre, a real stunner

Blog Entries

Ah, Griffins. Only fished it once

The corner shop sold the worst teabags in the planet - you needed about 23 of them per cup!
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Nice fish! I cant sat I recognize that one, what year was that Frothey???

Blog Entries

about 89/90 i think.

now, i have had a magners or two since i fished it, but griffins was the one with the train track right next to it, couple had a bungalow at one end where there was an "out of bounds" area? or was that a totally different lake? Les talking about rubbish, vandalism and tilley lamps rang a bell lol!
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Griffins, you had to walk right across a big playing field and enter by a gate, The owners had a big house and a very big garden with horses that backed onto the Back pool, and yes the railway line run along the far bank, Same?
    Last edited by noknot; 13-10-2009 at 07:18.

Blog Entries

yep, that's the one!

I may have a wonder over there this weekend , just to see what the score is .
    The future has a way of arriving unannounced .

Quote Originally Posted by Les Clark View Post
    I may have a wonder over there this weekend , just to see what the score is .
    Nice one Les, let us know how you get on and if you see anything? The Carp must be very old now, thats if they are still alive