Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Carp lakes in the Westmidlands area

Hi guys,
    Any of you carp anglers from the west midlands (Worcester, Droitwich and Birmingham area) or near here?
    If so could you recommend any decent carp lakes with sizable carp in as i would like to beat my pb at 18lb 5oz not only do i want to fish them for big carp but also for a change of scenery.

Thanks all.

Regards,
    Adam.
    Last edited by maver man; 04-11-2009 at 20:00.

2. Default R H Fisheries

Hi Adam, have you tried the monument at shifnal, you should definatley beat your pesonal best, http://www.rhfisheries.com/ thay should have cancelations at this time of year, have a look at the website my freind and i spent a week at weston park in july "fantastic" thay have some verry good waters the monument being the easiest one to get on, its manmade but the fish are verry large and the surroundigs not bad.

Blog Entries

The Monument is a lot of money when you look at the numbers and size of fish that have been coming out recently.....
    You're born, you take sh*t. You get out in the world, you take more sh*t. You climb a little higher, you take less sh*t. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what sh*t even looks like. It's just a shame I'm still on the first rung!

Thanks Panda, is this the fishery where Matt Hayes and Mick Brown fished on great rod race? I so then i have wanted to fish this place for a while.

Found out today my Grandad will not allow me to go to any commie or any other fishery outside a 1 mile radius now the colder weather is upon us
    But please dont stop giving me info on different places as i have next year to look forward to

Thanks all,
    Adam.

maver man have a look at www. astwoodbankac.co.uk i dont know if any of their waters are near to you but they might be ok for carp next season.
    i think thats what they called me.

Thanks blanker.
    I am planning to fish this place next year anyway they are like 10 mins away from me.
    Reasonably cheap for a 24hr ticket n all.

Thanks,
    Adam.
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Smile

hi maverman.
    i see you live in droitwich, so pay a visit to your local tackle shop where you wil be greeted
    warmley and given all the info you require, tell tina or steve ,who run the shop, that
    pete sent you, best wishes in your endevours, pete

Thanks Pete, i know Steve and tina very well he took me for a night session on his syndicate :P where i caught my pb.
    When i go in tomorrow as i go in every friday any way lol ill ask him

Cheers,
    Adam.
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but obtainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Arrow Valley lakes in Redditch used to be great, i havnt fished it for maybe 8 years tho, i had a 14lb Common in the afternoon after coming back from a 8hr blank at Sywell Reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Breamer View Post
    Arrow Valley lakes in Redditch used to be great, i havnt fished it for maybe 8 years tho, i had a 14lb Common in the afternoon after coming back from a 8hr blank at Sywell Reservoir.
    An 8 hrs blank, Oh my! How depressing! 8 months is bad! Welcome to Carp Angling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast