denham golf course lakes

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Very droll S-kippy,very droll!!

My house has a name,and a pain in the **** it is!!

That said,I do talk to anybody....all sorts of riff-raff on the bank,even some fishermen.......

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Come on Tee Cee what is your house really called? And you Skippy........?
I used to know a bloke called Chris Bell, his house was at the end of a long drive?

chrisfromthevalley

Reaction score
Sorry chaps...only telling the truth.

The GC lakes are still worth fishing provided you dont mind a bit of a walk and understand that they are not what I would call prolific and are basically tench or nowt...and an 8-9lb tench is a maximum.As I said before a 5-6 is much more realistic and you might only get one or two fish a trip...if you get any at all.The Rovers stretches of the Colne do hold some big barbel and huge chub but the barbs in particular can take some finding.They are there though at both Denham and Rickmansworth.Barbel to 14lb and chub to 6-7lb are realistic....bigger have been caught allegedly but I have my doubts.Denham is the prettier but harder stretch,Ricky the smaller but holds more barbel.Neither are easy fishing & can be a bit swimmy but there is a distinct year group of fish about which means you've a very good chance of a double figure barbel at Ricky.There are some decent carp in the river too and there is also Billet Lane in Iver which is nobbut a pond but has a good head of carp including some lumps.

The Colne in this area I've always thought of as a river with barbel in rather than a barbel river if you know what I mean and I've been fishing it for many years.

And dont tread on any of my gloworms !

Skippy
as i still have a valid key to quarry way, i can park by pit 3 if i want and it's a 3 minute walk...lol:p