Woodland waters, nr Grantham, sth lincs

rekkymech

Reaction score
Are any of you local or familiar to these lakes, i've just started back fishing after 20 years or so and go here quite regular, but i only do a bit of float fishing on the smaller lakes so far just to get catching again. Shall move onto the larger lakes as i progress :

Fishing | woodlandwaters.co.uk

Phil Lambert

Reaction score
Hi mate. Although I live down south now, I still have family in the area so when I visit I always book a week at Woodlands Waters in one of their cabins and take my fishing gear. The small lakes are OK and will keep you busy but I'd steer clear of the big lake unless you are bivvying up for the carp. Never really had much luck there myself.
The Match Lake is a great fishery and I love it. Fish from the 40s pegs and you can connect with some great tench and bream up to nearly double figures with some carp in the same bracket. Sweetcorn, meat or Mistral dusted 8mm halibut pellets fished on a sleeper rod and method feeder does it for me while I float fish double red maggot for the silvers and perch. Followed by a trip to Woody's Bar when it get's to around lunchtime!!!!!!

rekkymech

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips,

had a day on the match lake tuesday on the feeder, got one very lethargic 4-5lb common on corn and a maggot, with a hemp groundbait mix.

Cant remember the peg number, but i was on the opposite side of the lake from the cabins, the smaller Birch lake was right behind me, and after a tough day i turned round and pulled a few perch out before i went home.