Blenhiem Palace and tackle

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
If your going on the palace trip on 25th September, don't do a Spiders.

Take as little tackle as you can, Spiller has little tackle, at least that's what Wendi told us all last time.,,,,,,,,,,:D

Last year Spiders turned up with a 44 ton lorry full of gear, he needed a Ferry not a Punt.

Ed and Graham, I have your outboard for you.

Anyone going for the first time, a chair will fit in the boat, as long as it's not to big. I know there are two to a boat, but it's best to have a landing net each, rather than one between you.

Cars are safe here, but if you are worried about your wheels, just make sure Ed has left the car park before you.................:D:D

If anyone needs a life jacket, contact the Palace and they will arrange for one to be at the boathouse for you, thats not joking.

When you get to Woodstock on the Saturday morning, don't be alarmed by all the Police, they are there to protect the Village, extras are being bought in as we are at the campsite again,:D:D:D.

Looking forward to this, see you all there.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
'Spiller has little tackle'

Hahahaha lol Ray ;)

At least I can still remember what to do with it :wh:cool::D

Looking forward to a great weekend again :w:)

I'll bring some spare socks for Spidee Man.....extra small :D

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Outboard! Outboard! Pfft! I don't need an outboard I am sharing my boat with Scott, he is better than an outboard, mind you he does need a little whipping to make him go faster. He is a slimmed down, fitter version of Scott so he should be able to go much faster than last year. :) Row away me Hearties!

Which boat has the BBQ in Ray?

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
And as the mug who volunteered [?] to book and collect the money for this may I point out that I'm still owed a couple of cheques....so come on chaps,time to pay up please.

Lake rules can be found on the Blenheim website. Fish-In organiser rules [mine] are that Pirate flags are to be flown at all times.There will be a suitable prize for the best dressed pirate vessel/crew so if you also have a pirate hat then wear that too.

Those of you that naturally look like pirates will incur a 15 minute delay penalty at the off....so that's jolly bad luck for about half of you !

Skippy

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
And as the mug who volunteered [?] to book and collect the money for this may I point out that I'm still owed a couple of cheques....so come on chaps,time to pay up please.

Lake rules can be found on the Blenheim website. Fish-In organiser rules [mine] are that Pirate flags are to be flown at all times.There will be a suitable prize for the best dressed pirate vessel/crew so if you also have a pirate hat then wear that too.

Those of you that naturally look like pirates will incur a 15 minute delay penalty at the off....so that's jolly bad luck for about half of you !

Skippy

Listern to Long John Silver...............:wh:) I am going fishing not a F**king Fancy dress party. There will be enough of that back at the camp site, and knowing a few members, CAMP is about right.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
'CAMP is about right'

Leave Slime out of this...........he can't help it :D

And stop being a miserable get Ray, Wend has sorted me pirate gear out already!

A go fast Scott............blimey!

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
It will be like a clown's convention anyway.Where better than Oxford for a "Jolly Roger" or two ? :)

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

That's the spirit Steve...ahoy & avast . Ignore the Vulcan !

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
'CAMP is about right'

Leave Slime out of this...........he can't help it :D

And stop being a miserable get Ray, Wend has sorted me pirate gear out already!

A go fast Scott............blimey!

Wendi has sorted your pirate gear out !!!!

You mean your going to be wearing your normal gear then...........:D

Morespiders

Reaction score
Lets have less of the stupidity, this is a serious business, we march in two's down to the ships

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

That's the spirit Steve...ahoy & avast . Ignore the Vulcan !

Don't mention Spirit, Spiller falls over at the word, before he has drunk a drop.....:):D:eek::eek:

Vulcan, leave my ears out of this, or I might have to beam your boat up out of the water. ....:wh

Anyway, how you getting your gear to the boat house with that wooden leg long John......................:D

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:21 ----------

Lets have less of the stupidity, this is a serious business, we march in two's down to the ships

No No No, there can't be two of you......................:wh

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
hahaha, if it wasn't for all Spiders gear i would have been ok.

Spiders is asking them to install a cable car for his gear.......:wh

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
Outboard! Outboard! Pfft! I don't need an outboard I am sharing my boat with Scott, he is better than an outboard, mind you he does need a little whipping to make him go faster. He is a slimmed down, fitter version of Scott so he should be able to go much faster than last year.

I suppose it depends on how fast you beat the big drum ..........

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

If your going on the palace trip on 25th September, don't do a Spiders.

Take as little tackle as you can, Spiller has little tackle, at least that's what Wendi told us all last time.,,,,,,,,,,:D

Last year Spiders turned up with a 44 ton lorry full of gear, he needed a Ferry not a Punt.

Ed and Graham, I have your outboard for you.

Anyone going for the first time, a chair will fit in the boat, as long as it's not to big. I know there are two to a boat, but it's best to have a landing net each, rather than one between you.

Cars are safe here, but if you are worried about your wheels, just make sure Ed has left the car park before you.................:D:D

If anyone needs a life jacket, contact the Palace and they will arrange for one to be at the boathouse for you, thats not joking.

When you get to Woodstock on the Saturday morning, don't be alarmed by all the Police, they are there to protect the Village, extras are being bought in as we are at the campsite again,:D:D:D.

Looking forward to this, see you all there.

Don't forget to hide your sat navs too :wh

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
[/B]

I suppose it depends on how fast you beat the big drum ..........

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:58 ----------

Don't forget to hide your sat navs too :wh

Hahaha

Lets hope it is only his drum he beats, or we will never get on the camp site, not right doing that sort of thing in public.....:D

Last edited:

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Who's the poor sod who'll be rowing me around the lake? I mean "sharing a boat with"!:wh

Apart from estaberry whatsits, what bait do I need? Will I need to take my lobs with me ... they work very well for the big trout at Avington (I'll bring some of the trout fillets along so someone can chuck them on a BBQ).

When is it?
Where is it?
Do I need to book in at the campsite?

Come on sort it out, I'm new at this game!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Ray's doing the Boat pairings though he doesn't know it yet...I think you're with John Terry.:eek:

Panic ye not....loads of time to sort out boats/bait/tactics/directions etc.All you need to do at the moment is book the campsite if you can bear the thought of a night in a field with Spiders lurking about.

Take your lobs....and flag ! :)

Long John.