Record Breaking Fish

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Just got in and saw the last couple of minutes. Well done on the 11 pounder Mick, twas a bit out on weight when u guessed 9lb. What section of the Ouse was it?????????????

Roll on the 16th

Joskin

Reaction score
What does Matt Hayes think he looks like with that Skull and cross bones bandanner on. Just waiting for him to slip on an eye patch and a parrot on his sholder in the next episode.

aggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa me harties

J

jason fisher

you see mick you should have given me a bell before you went sittin there on the thames for 3 days trying to catch a big perch.
it only takes me a day to get a 2plus fish.

got to agree with the comments about the bandanner joskin and a white hat for stalking too.
It was good to see the lime light being shared a bit more equally between the 2 of you this time too.

i've seen all the ones shown today so far and they were all good programmes more realistic than matts old ones for a start.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Was it not the Vauxhall AC stretch then Wol ?

Cracking fish though Mick, well done.

Thought Matt's rudd stole the show though...

P

paul thompson 1

Morning all,

I really enjoyed the Throop programme, looks wonderful down there. A place to visit for the future.

Funnily enough, two of the stretches featured were one of my old and current haunts.

A Pb barbel of mine came from the swim Mick had his eleven from (mine was smaller though!), and apart from the duckweed, the swim doesn't seem to have changed much.

The second stretch they featured was the same I took my seasons best barbel from two weeks after they pike fished it last year. And Mick is right, it is the most beautiful place to go fishing, whatever the weather.

Great series, shame I've spoilt it for myself by wacthing them all now.

Tommo

F

Fred Bonney

Throop is a wonderful part of the river,I caught my pb Barbel there.
Paul,did you video the series.Can I have a look at you copy,please.

W

Wolfman Woody

I missed it all, better things to do than watch telly on a bank holiday (like fix a carp barrow with a bad design fault!)

I caught about ten minutes just after midnight when they were on the Thames. They said it was at Henley and it looked like the racecourse stretch around Remmenham, but was the last bit on Hambledon Weir or further upstream? It's ages since I've been up there.

S

Skive

Excellent programmes. I am sure programmes such as these will bring new commers into our sport, as well as attracting back lapsed anglers.

Hoping for more of the same.

T

Terry Comerford

Top quality series Mick, the production team should also get some credit.
I thought the camera work was excellent.

A Wayne

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it would've been an idea to show it all at say one or two programmes a week. It seemed a bit silly for me to spend ages making a series then show it all on one day, I only watched one of them because of this and the fact that I was busy blanking!

P

paul thompson 1

Fred,

I have some of it on video mate, not sure which bits though. You not got Sky mate?

If not, I'll make sure I have the whole series taped fro you, by the time I come visiting. peaking of which, I'll email you my dates.

Tommo

W

Wolfman Woody

I'm sure it will be repeated again.

and again

and again

and again

and again.....

F

Fred Bonney

Paul, we have enough trouble in our house with 5 channels, let alone Sky,so no.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

No Sky here either --too expensive ..

:-(

smith2

Reaction score
Hi all - wish I'd have had the cameras with me on Monday. Went stillwater chubbing. The lake has never produced a 'five'in the 8 years I've fished it. It's a long story but in the afternoon I had nine 'fours' and five 'fives'. It all started when a big pike chased them out of their hiding place and then they actually started feeding on a fly hatch! A strange situation but I made the most of it. If it wasn't roast lamb for dinner I reckon I could have caught a few more!Theres a pic on my website of some of the fish.

www.mickbrownangling.com

ps going on holiday tomorrow so cant reply for a while.