Pellet Wagglers

Old Nick

Reaction score
Do pellet waggler methods work with particle baits like sweetcorn?

Would any bait that makes a noise when it hits the water work?

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I think so. It was working before people even started to use pellets. Response to the repeated sound of a feeder hitting the water is pretty well documented.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
You can use any bait, corn ,pellet ,pepperami etc on a hair behind a suitable size hook.(pr36 or similar eyed hook.)
The trick is to feed in a regular pattern as well.
I suggest you search this site ,or google pellet waggler methods.

nicky

Reaction score
why are pellet wagglers so thick are thet supposed to act as a bolt rig as i usually try to fish the float as sensitive as i can get away with.
my local tackle shop sells lots of small carp wagglers that i wouldnt class as pellet wagglers but i cant understand why the tips are so thick, is it not to get knocket under by line bites when fishing heavily stocked commercials

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
They are thick and heavy for long casting, splash effect, and to a degree a self hooking method. Bites are generally immediate. You may need a powerful catapult to feed to a long chuck, ask your tackle shop.
if you are fishing close in, an ordinary lightish waggler will do.

Andrew Macfarlane

Reaction score
I think there might be a bit of confusion here with pellet wagglers and splash wagglers.

Pellet wagglers are just straight wagglers, often self-cocking, in the region of .2gram up to .8gram. No really designed for the noise effect. More for distance. Not really bouyant enough to create a bolt effect. A strike is still required.

Splash wagglers are the thick ones, some like pike pencil floats, others like 2 halfs of an egg on a stem, which close together on the cast for distance and then open to create a float and a sheild for the bolt effect and some like the pike pencils with a concave bottom to make a 'pop' or 'gloop' sound and again, increase the bolt effect.

Bagging or baggum wagglers, again, are basically pike pencil floats with a light method feeder cage on the bottom. These make a fairly big noise but don't really create much of a bolt effect.

A standard pellet waggler...

pellett_waggler.png

A splash waggler...

psw_white.jpg

Bagging or 'baggum' waggler

kombat%20bag%20wag%201.jpg