Should I report this to the E.A?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Took a walk along our club water on Monday.

We came to one of my favourite swims only to find it had been dug out quite neatly. There were disposable bbq's everywhere, bags of rubbish, empty sweetcorn and lunch tins and dirty bog paper thrown around!!!:mad:

We walked a little further and spotted this on the opposite bank.

Bivvy.jpg

Should I report it to the E.A?

Morespiders

Reaction score
No, I will get in trouble, didnt know it was your swim, is there any decent roach in it?

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
If it's river, yes. The EA Planning Department would want to know if there are any bank modifications within 5 metres of the water, it's a breach of planning consent.

If it's a lake. They're not interested.

richiekelly

Reaction score
does anyone else in the club know about it ? is it poachers? i would report it but not hold my breath waiting for action.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yes it is on the river, but it's free fishing on that bank. It's at the very end of a wooded area, it's not possible to go any further downstream. So whoever is in there is tucked right out of the way.

Not sure what's going on? It looks like somebody is living in it?

I'll give the E.A a bell on Tuesday morning.

flightliner

Reaction score
Steve, best of luck when you give the EA a ring---- dont hold your breath!
Shame about the mess--dirty sods.:mad::mad:

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Yes it is on the river,
Fisheries won't be interested, doesn't involve fish.

Flood Relief might be because the digging affects - well, the flooding and the relief.

And as I say - planning, but all they can do is order whoever did it to restore and give them a fine. If it's a penny stamp, he won't be able to pay anyway.

barbeldave

Reaction score
Bloody right you should Steve. Have you got your local EA man's mobile number? If you have don't wait until Tuesday ...

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
I've seen similar photographs before, people avoiding outgoings whilst here as visiting labour.

In other photographs I've seen the remains of partially eaten coarse fish, car batteries used to stun them and long-lines awaiting re-use.

I'd return and look for signs of this sort of illegal activity, as opposed to what you have so far seen.

I'd take a few mates and have right good nose around:wh

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm gonna pop down there in a minute with the camera, try to get some better shots and some shots of the dispossable bbq's on the club bank. There's loads of tins of lunch and sweetcorn, but no evidence of burgers and sausages :confused:

If I can find an E.A email addy I'll send the pics to them and I will give em a bell Tuesday morning, I doubt there's anyone covering the phone on a bank holiday weekend?

Andrew Macfarlane

Reaction score
Tell the EA about it and if they don't do anything, send them some dirty bog-paper in the post. When they complain, tell them they expect you to pay them for the same luxury.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just rang the E.A.

They are gonna get someone onto it and give me a bell back. I'm off to get some more pics.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I'm gutted and gobsmacked! Went back today to have a look and someone has been on the club bank since last Monday.

JW1.jpg

101_1364.jpg

JWbankstick.jpg

JW3.jpg

I'm gonna get in touch with the club and also pass these pics on to the E.A with others too.

A

alan whittington

Steve,this looks awfully like eastern europeans having a fishy barbecue sesh,could be wrong,but we have similar on the Thames occasionally,the picture on the other bank looks like they've moved in.:mad:

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
This is the lower Avon B.Dave, it's just below Keynsham on the Jacky Whites stretch. The tarpaulin house is dead opposite the 'bunkhouse'.

I'm absolutely gutted Alan, there was dispossable BBQ's thrown in the water and shop bought carp rigs in the bushes.

I wanted to burn the tent/bivvy, but Wendi talked me out of it. She thought it was best to leave it and let the E.A officer see it, if he turns up!