Catfish Fish-in?

A

Andy Thatcher 1

Yateley is always good for a couple.

If the dates are right I'm up for this one.

J

jason fisher

to be honest i don't know what the stocking is like just that it has cats in, i've only fished the lagoon on that complex.
I just suggested it because it's a bit more central than yately or essex.

J

jason fisher

they will ferry you and your tackle from the carpark to your swim of choice by quad and trailer for a quid or so too, which is always good for the more idle among us like me.

B

Big Rik

Yes Andy, Yateley would be my first choice, especially the Split, but it isn't dayticket.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Theres Burton mere in Chesire proberbly a bit far for the lads from down south. There are cats to 40Ib its the the one Matt and Mick fished for cats for in the Great Rod Race.

Affraid i dont know of any others in the area

P.S if anybodys got a spare Million the waters for sale.

S

Stuart Harvey

The canal around Milton Keynes produced a 32 the other week although I don't think there's many to go at but might be worth considering.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Marsh's match lake........

18 quid for 24 hours. Quite small like i said, you aint going to be far away from a cat thats for sure. 38+ is the biggest known fish and a match guy had it a while back on double maggot!
Nearly ALL the cats that were stocked are now over 20+. Stock is around 3-4 30s and 15 or so 20s. Bog/shower on site. Chinky round the corner and tackle taken to swim for a small fee.

No tarts, but i've ok'd it for you Rik.

;o)

J

jason fisher

you used to be able to get bits of tackle bait and a fryup from the clubhouse too.

B

Big Rik

have you seen it Wol?

Would it do for half a dozen of us?
(assuming that's going to be the number attending)

J

jason fisher

i've seen it rick walked round it a few years ago you wouldn't get many more on there than 6.
it's only about 15 minutes from my oxfordshire home.
there might even be a picture of the lake on the orchid lakes website but i'm not sure of that.

W

Seen it, lol, loads of times mate.

Plenty of room for all now that you slimed down.

ps, cheers for the email, have it pinned above me bed!

W

Still do odd n sods in the club house, hook, weights, line, small amount of bait, cold drinks. Fry-ups only for the select few nowadays!

The only fing still putting me off is the ditch.

Plus, sitting with the beautiful Orchid lake behind you i may have to have some quick change rigs!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Orchid lakes would be ok with me. Had a look on there <a heref="http://www.orchid-lakes.com">site</a> but could not see anything about marsh's lake.

J

jason fisher

it's the match lake not marsh's lake bryan.
marsh pratley owns the whole complex.

W

Not the Lagoon anymore. He own's Orchid and the Match lake, lost the lease on the lagoon a few months ago. Bummer.

alan strickland

Reaction score
What sort of tackle is going to be needed as a min?
Strongest gear i have are my 1 3/4 barbel rod`s,shimano 5000`s with 20lb power pro.
What`s needed in the the rig dept(hooklength,hook`s et)

Any idea on dates yet?

W

I'll sort ya some rods Alan if you come along, they aint no good.

Luncheon meat, spicy sausage (serious), Lobs, Mackerel will be fine. I'll find out on Livo's, which would be good if you can use em. Caught on site obviousley.

Pencil ****, sorry, i mean Rik, what sorta dates we looking at??????????