river Kennet

Y

yoggy

I have a few days off work in sept and i"m thinking of giving the Kennet a bash i"ve never fished this River before i"m aware alot of this river is syndicate are there any stretches i could fish on a day ticket if so where?? i"m hoping to target Chub..cheers.

S

Shrek

Barton Court has day tickets on it even though it's a trout fishery. Worth giving them a ring to see how much one is and when it's available from, however I can't find a number for them.

I know the owner of my local game angling shop goes there a bit so he might have a number. The shop is Lyttles of Dunchurch and their number is 01788 817044. The guy you're after is Paul Vernon.

Good luck

S

Shrek

Forgot to add that Barton Court is near Hungerford, Berkshire.

J

jason fisher

aldermaston weir is day ticket too.
surprisingly enough that's at aldermaston

N

Nick Austin 2

I'm not sure if there are day tickets available for any of the sections of the Kennet controlled by RDAA, try ringing
Reading Angling Centre
69 Northumberland Avenue
Reading Berkshire RG2 7PS
Tel: (0118 987 2216)

They will tell you if they can supply any day tickets.

Try...

www.rdaa.co.uk

to see the venues they control!

lee stopps 2

Reaction score
ive fished barton court many times and ive never seen a barbel there but that might judt be me !! ( it seems to happen to me often ) although the old mill at aldermaston is full of em and ive nad loads over the years from many of the swims especially the lawn and the wier its self. good luck whatever you do !!

Y

yoggy

thanx,,i"ll try and catch that elusive barbel thats eluded you lee!!!!!!!!it"ll certainly make a change from the Nene!!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Yoggy, a couple of points re Barton Court.

Its a lovely fishery but there are no Barbel or Chub there to my knowledge.Its best known for its winter Roach,Grayling & Dace,especially the latter.

Its also only open from either 31st of September or October from my recollection after the trout fishing has ended.Check their web-site for full details.You also need to book in advance.

Give it a go!!

lee stopps 2

Reaction score
ive only fished it during winter months nigel and i have had the odd chub there as well as some nice perch too although its a good roach water in the winter.

M

Monkey Magic!

Did you try RDAA?.... there are definately barbel in their stretches... i can find out some DEFINATE good beats if you are interested!...

M

Manic Monkey Magic Man

i'll have a natter on the banks over the weekend!