West Sussex

R

Richard Drayson

I'm going to be moving in with my womanfriend next week and am looking for some river fishing in and around the Crawley/Gatwick area.
I've contacted a couple of local clubs but wonder if anyone on FM has any knowledge of what river fishing is available.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly Richard, congratulations.

She must be a lovely Lady indeed if she can spirit you away from the Avon!

Within that area you do have the Mole, but I think mostly the decent stretches are controlled by either Dorking, Banstead or Leatherhead Angling Clubs.

The Rother at Pulborough used to be a lovely river but I've not fished there for many years. Or a bit further South then there is the Arun?

In any event let me know your new address and phone numbers to stay in touch, okay?

R

Richard Drayson

Thanks for your good wishes Peter. If I am honest, I have found the Avon to be a very difficult river to get to know, particularly the stretch we both fish.

I've heard that the R.Mole contains chub and barbel, two of my favourite species, so it's looking good in that respect. If it also contains a good head of roach then so much the better!

I've made enquiries with Crawley A.S. but have yet to receive any reply.

As soon as I'm settled in I'll email you with my new address and phone number etc.

Best of luck with the rest of the season on the Avon... stick with it and a 'six' will be your reward I'm sure.

J

Jonny Northmore

The river Mole is a pretty good river in most stretches, it holds loads of different species of fish(bout 14 i think). There are many good stretches if your willing to travel a bit. Decent stretches are around dorking and leatherhead as said before. there is a good stretch of it in Pixham just outside dorking.