Dove Record?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've been asked if this catch sets some sort of Dove record.

The answer is that I don't know.

I've certainly heard of bigger fish than the 14 being caught from the Dove, but maybe the total catch of big fish in one short, afternoon/early evening session is some kind of 'best'.

Who knows - who cares! I'm still on cloud 9.

S

Shrek

Nice session and good write up. Bet you daren't go back again in case it's never that good again.

How did the Krystonite perform? Is there much stretch in this line or is it a prestretched one?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Well done Graham and Dave.

I just wish I could get rid of this flu and gammy leg, and I would be down on the Trent.

Barbel just love flooded rivers. The higher the flood the better.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A briliant write up again, especialy when Dave asked for help and was told no way, or words to that effect. That was really funny, and can only happen between two anglers such as yourselves.
I know what you mean about not being bothered about the weather when you have caught something like this, nothing matters does it. But three P.B.s and off the Dove, that really is astounding, well done graham and Dave.

J

john conway

Brilliant session Dave & Graham, I think we are going to have to get you to loose that 1? coin down the back of the settee again if you keep this up? God knows what you?re going to pull out of the Ribble when the winter chubbing starts.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Thanks for nice messages all. Yep, I'm back on form now and having a good run. Not like the run I had on the Dove just before I was taken ill!

Hutch

Reaction score
Cracking session Graham, a lesson to us all not to be put off by flood conditions.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
What can i say well done does not seem enough that session will probably go down as a all time great for the Dove(or any river).
Just shows a little knowladge and gettting on the bank when nobody else is can be worth it.

S

Stuart Dennis 2

Inspiring old man! Congratulations to you both and certainly well deserved. I must admit you sounded a little drunk whe I spoke to you yesterday, now I can see why, congrats matey!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Brilliant session for the pair of you, well done Dave and Graham.

Graham, Did you prepair the pellets the day before you went for any particular reason or was it just to let them soak up the liquid? I use 6mm and they can be ready on the bank in minutes but I'd imagine the 11mm ones take little longer to soak into the centre or were you just playing with the new toy :eek:)

Liam Smyth 2

Reaction score
Hi Graham,
A great read mate as well as a great days fishing.
Would you mind if I posted a link to the article on Barbel Playground?.
I am sure that all our members would enjoy it.

Might also get them to write a bit more. lol

...........Liam

N

Nigel Moors 2

Incredible! Well done, pb and from a venue you wouldn't necessarily expect it from. They don't always go together so a real bonus.

T

tom riordan

well done Graham, thats what I call a good recovery from an illness, I have asked a couple of the Barbel nuts in DRAC and they seem to think that a 9lb barbel in our sections of the dove are considered record breakers so anything in double figures is considered a monster.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Fantastic fishing - all the more poignant as I blanked on a swollen River Wharfe yesterday!