FM Ribble Chub Fish-in III

J

john conway

OK lads here we go again another FM Ribble Chub Fish-in, who's interested?

The date Saturday 4th December at the Black Bull in Ribchester.
Time 11:00hrs to 12:00hrs in the pub, onto the river for about 13:00hrs and fish to 19:00 hrs meeting up again at the pub before going home.

As with most of the past FM fish-ins it's impossible to forecast the attendance because of the weather and other commitments, at FM we've never gone down the pre-booking route. FM fish-ins is as much about meeting other members as well as catching fish.

The stretches to be fished are the RADAC day ticket water in Ribchester and the Dewhurst House day ticket water upstream of the bridge. Those FM members who have WAA, RADAC or Prince Albert tickets can fish adjacent stretches.

A Day ticket for the village stretch can be purchased in the Spar shop opposite the pub at ?3.50, don't forget your River Board Licence, (no licence no ticket) and the Dewhurst House ticket is ?3 payable at the farm where you park.

WAA members remember you'll need ?2 for parking at Clough Bank Farm. There are other day ticket stretches, which can also be fished, and at this time of the year they should be reasonably quiet. There is something for everyone, from a five-minute walk to a half-mile hike and the scenery is beautiful.

All these waters have produced 5lb plus Chub.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I will be there John come rain or shine as you say if the weather is against us we can always have a social at the pub.

stu

Reaction score
John - how far is this from Radbroke (which is about 15 miles from Crewe)? If not too far I may be able to be there for Friday (work) and stay over for the Saturday as I would love to fish the Ribble.

J

john conway

Stu, it's about 60 miles from Crew to Ribchester. Depending on the motorway traffic that's just over an hours drive. You come of at Preston and it's only about six or seven miles to Ribchester on good A & B roads. Email me and I'll send you a word Doc with directions from J31 and it's got a bit more information about the day ticket waters and a couple of pics so don't be too alarmed if it takes a couple of minutes to down load.

Clikfire

Reaction score
Would like to come and learn from all you proper / good anglers but 170 miles each way is too much for me. So I wish you all good luck and look forward to reading the reports on your successes.

J

john conway

Latest: -

Expert warns of freezing winter ahead
Press Association
Wednesday October 13, 2004 10:03 AM
One of the coldest winters in recent memory is about to hit Britain, according to the forecasters who correctly predicted this summer's washout.
Metcheck.com says the first cold snap will arrive on Monday, with regular cold fronts sweeping across the country until Christmas. Further prolonged bitter spells are expected to follow in the New Year.

Don't forget your "long johns" it may really be a true winter chub fish-in?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am hopeing to get there John, if only for that wonderfull pub grub.
I haven't made it to the Ribble this season yet, so this will be a good excuse, and to meet the lads again.

M

Martin Womble

Hi john i will come up again and stay overnight at the pub,for a nice meal a few jars and a chat.

P

Phil Hackett 2

Oh no not the Ribble again! How much more can I take?.........Lots and lots and lot...... go on then!
I'll threaten the two Ian's so they come along as well.

By the way John I had a river pig last night of 14.4. Unseen Ian thought it was a barbel because I told him it was. Hee! Hee! Hee! His comment when he saw it is unprintable on this section of the site :0)

Even I, a confirmed none pig farmer was impressed with it pure muscular physique. Not an ounce of fat on it anywhere, just pure muscle.

J

john conway

Phil I've heard of the Ribble pigs but I've never yet made contact. Whatever lives in the Ribble has to be fit to cope with the floods. Look forward to seeing you and the Ian's in December.
Might be a two pair of ?long johns? fish-in if the weather forecast is right! Perhaps if we talk long enough about freezing weather we might be wrong just like the weather men!!

J

Jim Hinchley

Phil im just like you , i might just make it with it being on the Ribble!!!!!!!!!
Will be there for the fish in but might not stop over as im supposed to be working on the sunday at the moment.

J

John McLaren

I hope to join you on the 4th Dec, was hoping to be at the Barbel Soc. event tonight but won't be able to make it hope it goes well.