Fishing Around Peterborough

Lee Jordan

Reaction score
Hi all,

i've just got back into fishing this summer, and boy am i Enjoying it. although i've only been fishing at ferry meadows. i've not been for five weeks though because of holidays (keeping the wife off my back) paving the way for winter fishing. anyway back to the question in hand does anyone know of any maps that highlight places to fish around the area. i know the obvious stretches of the nene but the backwater places and things are what i'm after. one of my work colleagues has just returned to the sport too so were lookin to fish a few different venues. any info would be appreciated.
a map would be ideal. and were quite willing to travel around.
Thanks in advance...!
Lee

Lee Jordan

Reaction score
to be honest i'm happy so long as i'm catching. But i was targeting the Bream in the Summer and netted each time i went but only to the size of 4.5lb which became my pb. but i'm just starting out again so it's all about learning. i would like to start marking of the different species but chub, Barbel, tench would be a nice start.

Y

yoggy

WHOOPS ,,JUST REALISED I CANT!!!if you e.mail me lee i"ll return one with a few locations for you ..regards yoggy.

M

mark williams 4

It's usually aboput this time of the year that you can have a good net of bream on the embankment, opposite the mill buildings. You'll need a rod pod ideally, because the bank is concrete slabs, but feeder fishing usually does the trick. I've had some really good roach running a float along the near bank, too, but only when it's really quiet.
If you just fancy a bit of peace and quiet on the Nene, you could try Castor, down Station road on the far side of the village. Park up at the end (no valuables on show!) and take the half-mile walk along the footpath to the right, where there's a nice weir pool and some wide, slow water where I've had bream and roach. The weirpool has a few chub and roach, and the outside chance of a barbel.

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

There was a good stretch of the Welland between Deeping and Crowland. Don't know who runs it. Then there used to be good fishing at Maxey pits. I'm going back 25 years mind!

In fact, I should think it's impossible to walk for 3 miles in a straight line in any direction without falling into a pit, drain, or river where you are Lee.

S

sash

Deeping hold the rights to the Welland between Deeping and Four Mile Bar (halfway between Crowland and Spalding) and Spalding hold it from here right the way to the Tidal.

Maxey's all syndicated now except for Gerrards Pit if you fancy match type carp (but they do go to low 20s I believe).

Can't beat the Nene though for some decent winter roach, bream, chub and carp.

S

sash

Sorry, meant to say Deeping and Spalding do day tickets on the bank.

Lee Jordan

Reaction score
Thanks all for your suggestions, thats certainly given me a few ideas.
Thanks yoggy for the e-mail too.

smithy

Reaction score
try goldie lane where the carp spawn nere to ferry meadows ,from orton go towards ferry but do left be4 you get there and walk over small bridge, lovely stream,ish full of roach carry on and come to marina full of lilys and pike and tench, yes tench all year round ,dont ask why dont no,,
yoggy,seen mick and still forgot to get number,,,got 10lb 11oz barbel out of orton locks unbalievable was shitin myself when wiegh,dd

smithy

Reaction score
theres a trout lake as you come down oundle road from town do right from there