Fireworks

S

Stuart Harvey

During recent sessions I've noticed that as soon as the surrounding estates start letting rip with their fireworks the bites dry up.

B

Big Rik

not suprising really is it.

had some fish last night all through it, but that was on the river, so don't know if the moving water negates or tempers the noise....
mind you, they were only bream...

John Jones

Reaction score
Stuart

Couple of months ago fished the Severn below Bewdley town. A few hundred yards upstream they were blasting bedrock from the river for the flood defences.

The three of us fished for 5 hours and no one had so much as a bite. The constant booms even had the swans in a panic.

2 weeks later we fished the same stretch without the bangs and we all caught well.

There's no doubt in my mind that fireworks even at a distance will stop fish feeding normally.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Thats slightly different though isn't it ---Blasting bedrock would send shockwaves through the ground ....I dont think fireworks would have quite the same effect if they are exploding in the air .

M

Malcolm Bason

The past couple of years I have had a ticket for the Stowe Angling Club.

Stowe is not far from Silverstone, and each year Stowe School/Gardens hosts the 'Grand Prix Ball', with all the racing drivers, their entourage, and guests etc enjoying the evenings entertainment.

This year it was the London Royal Philarmonic Orchestra, David cassidy, Beyonce and an International DJ that continued until 02:45!!!!

I usually fish there on these occasions! Free entertainment and all that!

I'll get to the point - Prior to the DJ which finishes the event off, there is the most amazing firework display, it is by far the best, loudest and most spectacular display I've ever witnessed!

You know what, both my mate and I both caught on these evenings!!!!

My mate has been a member a lot longer and he has nearly always caught! Perhaps the resident carp have gotten used to it? I don't know! But they certainly can and often are caught whilst there is a firework display taking place!

M

MaNick

That might be because carp enjoy the music too though Malcolm (apart from beyonce!)

M

Malcolm Bason

Perhaps I ought to try singing to them, I might catch more eh?

W

Wolfman Woody

Last Tuesday I went fishing and during the evening soemone let of a very loud airbourne missile and immediately after the bang a fish in front of me jumped clean out of the water.

Because it was dark I didn't see much of it except for a flash of silver and just a little bit of me was hoping it might be a salmon. We've had a salmon ladder for years now and I've never yet seen a fish going up it.

Singing does work, the fish love my barritone singing. Pity my undeserving mates don't. Heathens!

John Jones

Reaction score
Couple of years ago Graham and me fished Blickling Hall lake in Norfolk. On the opposite bank they were setting up the acoustics for a Bryan Adams concert.

It was blasting out at around a million decibels...when the bass was on, the ground actually shook.

Up until the music started we were catching and their was plenty of small fish topping.

As soon as 'Kingston Town' began it went dead and the rises disappeared.

Perhaps the fish in Blickling prefer the Rolling Stones!

Ron C

Reaction score
Nov 5, From my swim, and seventy/eighty yards down, and across the river, a two-hour firework display in the grounds of the mill house started 7pm and at 8pm I had a very nice chub of 6lb11oz making it the second 6lb of the day. So the booms and flashes didn?t turn them off too much. Thou the barbel didn?t show that night.

D

Deecy

Thames Saturday night.Prior to dark unusually active, lots of pecks from small fish and I expected a good night, water temp 50 and rising.Darkness falls and it starts, I could feel the vibration of some rockets through my feet.Not a sniff of a bite.This is most unusual on the bit I fish as even if the Barbel and Chub are not playing ball the Bream are.I fished three swims for no return.