Lowfields Caravan Site

Blunderer

Reaction score
I visited this place for weekends about 5 times in 2002 as my ex's dad owned a caravan there.
The bailiff was full of stories about giant carp, pike and roach.
In five trips I caught loads and loads of carp, mainly low doubles and big singles, and lots of skimmers and tench but the biggest carp I had was also the biggest one that I saw in the water and it was 18lb.
Has anyone ever fished there and can anyone confirm my thoughts - that the bailiff was a bulls****er?!?

C

Chris Bishop

A lot of bailiffs view their waters through rose-tinted specs. My favourite one (on a similar water down here) is completely the opposite, uncanny feel for how the water's going to fish and he'll tell you not to bother if he thinks it's going to be pants.

John Jones

Reaction score
As soon as I see a fishery offering caravans, tents and tourers welcome, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

I've had my fill of screaming kids all day long and families from hell.

Im not for a minute suggesting that all caravaners are like this but from experience it's too great a risk to take.

Some years ago I hired a caravan in Lincolnshire. There was a nice lake available for fishing but I only fished once...driven off by loud and uncouth families and their obnoxious offspring.