New line on the market

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I have been hearing a few whispers about Berkley's new float and feeder line, it is being used exclusively by the Shakespeare Superteam match squad and they reckon it is spot on. It is a clear line so those of you that think this gives them an advantage should find it suitable and it is reasonably cheap by todays standards. Worth a try for those of you that fish rivers I reckon.

Cakey

Reaction score
Graham
what size spool do the prices relate to ?
pictures show 100m and 200m spools

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Here they have it for £3.06 for 100 mtr or £4.08 for 200mtr over 1.2kg. Confusing, but..... not bad.
1142871_pack.jpg

Lark

Reaction score
They're stocking it in Maidenhead Baits Jeff. I don't think they will match Fishing Mayhem's price though. Haven't Berkley been getting bad press regarding the actual thickness of their lines compared to stated? I thought I saw some iffy figures in tests quite recently.
Apologies if I'm wrong.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I'll wait a while - I remember "Vanish".

(...when it was good, it was very, very good, but when it was bad, it was horrid - to misquote Milne (I think!))

Last edited:

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
If the Shaky team are using it you can bet it is good line they don't mess about with rubbish, match anglers are very particular about their tackle. They probably have 20 or 30 anglers trying that line and if it has any faults you can bet they will soon find them.

Last edited:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Vanish seems to have been "batchy" rather than out-and-out bad; I still use some and owe it my best barbel.
But I'd think it unlikely that anyone supplying a top team would let them meet a dodgy batch; I want to hear a lot of Joe Public's reactions before I stray again from Sensor, Maxima, Bayer and W.B. Clarke/Silstar.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I see this as a mainline rather than a hooklength because it would need to be a little bit special to beat Shimano Silk Shock which to my mind is the best hooklength on the market, by far.

As regards diameters I wonder if you read the review I linked to where they (Matchangling) say and I quote " Observations on our part after just a few sessions with it are that it’s accurate in diameter, spot-on in stated line strength ratings and clear in colour, which makes it good for clear-water situations." hmmm!

Lark

Reaction score
I can't see anything or anyone tempting me away from Silstar/Clarke's Matchteam line after so many years of total reliabilty.