Protective tube for spare quiver tips ??

Comfortably_Numb

Reaction score
I know Preston do a hard case thingy for carrying spare quivers, but is there any cheapie alternative options ??. I plastic tube would be ideal

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was in the local branch of 'The Works' and noticed that in the arts and crafts section there were some artists cases for brushes. They were maybe 16"? long (a guess) and made of a very tough plastic and I thought they would make fantastic float tubes (but maybe quiver tips as well?). I think they were £1.99 each.

oops, just read the post above! someone beat me to it!

Last edited:

sylvanillo

Reaction score
I know this post is old, but I've gone through that little protection tube problem today. Indeed, Drennan does not seem to be able to provide one of those simple plastic tubes that we get with ANY feeder rod (really, is that too expensive to them?); so I've met the missing requirement as follows.

1) A Round Conduit Black 20mm x 2m from Wickes (electricals department) - £1.15. Another option was a "push fit" waste pipe 32mm x 3m (£2.05). The cable conduit is slightly flexible, but since it is to be cut at a length of say 60 cm max, the cut will still be very stiff. The waste pipe is stiffer but 3 m was a bit long to carry back home walking. For the Drennan's tips, I needed a section of 65 cm.

2) A stop end that I already had. Otherwise, if selecting the waste pipe then a stop end that match the tube can be found for £0.99. On the other end, a piece of glass photo print paper and strong cellotape completed the build.

The result is good enough for £2 and will make other tubes if necessary.

It is true that my Nash Scope OPS Recon Rucksack nows looks like an Argos Need-A-Loo Excel Portable Camping Toilet, but who cares? When crossing any street in Oxford, I've always been an alien!

peterjg

Reaction score
On my quivertips I have two betalights fitted so they do not fit in standard sized tubes. Instead I use either cases made from electrical trunking or cheap padded cases made for two piece snooker cues.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Ask at local tackle shop to see if any number one pole section tubes that are not required.Thes can be over a metre in length, Once the shop has elastic ated the pole a customer has purchased, the tubes are no longer required,due to the two sections not fitting in the tube.
If the customer does not want them,the shop will sell them on for a couple of quid.
Or... buy a feeder rod were the tips already come in a tube.

Richox12

Reaction score
I've never ever found the need for a 'protective' tube for rod quivertips. If the rod is in its bag then there is a partition for spare tips and if the rod is in a made-up sleeve (as many of mine are) there is also a partition for spare tips. It's not as if the solid tips need protecting as they are very flexible.

steve2

Reaction score
With some of my feeder rods you can unscrew the butt cap and the tips are stored inside. Always seemed like a good idea to me.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I've never ever found the need for a 'protective' tube for rod quivertips. If the rod is in its bag then there is a partition for spare tips and if the rod is in a made-up sleeve (as many of mine are) there is also a partition for spare tips. It's not as if the solid tips need protecting as they are very flexible.

Some years ago I had a couple of Drennan Team England feeder rods, the quivertips on those were very fine , sometimes they would break as threaded line through them. The comments on the acolytes not so long ago reminded me of the Team England tips.

POLEMINATOR

Reaction score
A couple of Shakespeare rods had that facility, The butt used to rattle when you cast out,
NGT rods also, I have 1,

I actually contacted the seller to complain that the spare quiver tip as advertised was not in with the product, he messaged me back, have a look inside the butt, I did and it was there, ooops lol, how was I to know

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk