Anyone after a bargain -

W

Wolfman Woody

Still only ?7 + ?3.50 postage.

Saw an old Daiwa Centrpin going as well. Carried abotu ?5 for days then in the last 3 hours it shot up to nearly ?30.

S

Shrek

Alan, they can't be very good snipers if you can hear them !!!!

Jeff, it's always the same with 'pins on eBay. I sold a Youngs Purist last year and it held at about ?70 until 12 hours from the end of the auction, then it shot up to ?180 !!!

Do either of you know the dimensions of this 'pin? I've got one and like it so might have another if it's somewhere the same.

W

Wolfman Woody

I would have thought it was their standard model Adrian. Don't think they've ever doen much else. About 4" if memory serves me well.

W

Wolfman Woody

I would have thought it was their standard model Adrian. Don't think they've ever doen much else. About 4" if memory serves me well.

S

Shrek

No, they do a 5.5'' Model too as well as a 4'' and a 4.5'', wide drum and narrow drum if memory serves me correctly.

I'm only being lazy as I can't be bothered to ask the seller any questions.

If the price stays fairly low, I might do...

W

Wolfman Woody

My posting went in twice, Jason. That usually happens when you go 'back' and press 'submit' again. This time I didn't, but just as I pressed submit a mail arrived. I wondered if that interfered with the submission.

That's all. Sorry.

It looks to me like the 4".

Or it could be the 4.5".

I doubt it will stay low though, they rarely do.

jp

Reaction score
The Leeds pins go for about ?30 - ?40 normally.

T

The Monk

My posting went in twice, Jason. That usually happens when you go 'back' and press 'submit' again. This time I didn't, but just as I pressed submit a mail arrived. I wondered if that interfered with the submission.

the threads possessed Jeff

standback lads and I`ll excercise it!!!!!

N

Nigel Moors 2

Brought a brans spanking new 5.5" Leeds on ebay for ?55 inc p&p. Haven't used it yet but it spins for nearly a minute. I know that's not a true test of how usable they are but it doesn't look like it'll take too much weight to get it spinning....

A nice calm day for trotting and I'll give it a go. never used one before so not brave enough to have a go in these windy conditions.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
If it's windy, try a get a swim where the wind crosses you FROM your rod hand -that way, any loose coils fall into your lap, not round the reel seat or (worse) between spool and back. It's a ball-bearing reel, so you hold it vertical, which also helps prevent it from eating your line!
And you're dead right it doesn't take much to start it spinning - so think with your thumb!
It seems to me to have that X-factor that makes a well-behaved reel, I've no idea why, though. Enjoy!

T

The Monk

how you going to manage to take a thread for a walk.

I PUT THE PUTER IN ME RUCKSACK!

W

Wolfman Woody

I think he's cricising your spelling again Monk.

You should have written 'exorcise'.

Something you must do on that 'B in the Bang' before a spike falls off and goes through someone's head.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Friend of our's who's a vicar, was asked to exorcise a house where 'evil spirit's' were
creating havoc, this he did with great success, unfortunately, the owner's of the house would'nt pay him the money due from the exorcism, this left him with no other choice than

'having their house 'repossessed'.