Winter Chub Ribble Fish-in IV

J

john conway

OK lads here we go once again, the fourth FishingMagic Winter Chub Ribble Fish-in will be on the 19th of February 05. The reason for pulling it forward into Feb is one, it?s the only date Jim Hinchley and I can make it together, and secondly the last couple of weeks on the Ribble will be very busy with the Barrel lads both on the club and day ticket waters.
It?s the same routine as before i.e. meet up at the Black Bull Inn in Ribchester about 11:00hrs, have a natter and something to drink and or eat, then onto the river for 13:00hrs. Back in the pub around 19:00hrs for another natter on your day?s adventure. Some of us will be staying for an evening meal and one or two of use will also be staying over in the Bunk House.
If you haven?t been on a Ribble Fish-in before then it?s worth reading the articles on the past fish-ins.
Anyone who wants directions drop me an email and I?ll email you back with the information.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good move bringing it forward John. Depending on how many turn up (count me in) it might be an idea to get an earlier start, as at the last one, there were anglers all along the day ticket stretch when I got up there.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Think im working that weekend but will do my best to get the day off.
Nasty 24 hour flu bugs seem to hit me around the end of feb.

Hutch

Reaction score
John, I'm going to have to give you a copy of my shift rota:)been unlucky this year as both fishins have been on my weekend shifts,have a good day though!!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
John I'm going to try to make it. Fished the Ribble most of last summer, I've been toying with the idea of a Chub session, this has prompted me!

I'll be travelling on my own from Stockport if anyone wants a lift...

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
I hope to be there again. Like everyone else who went last time I really enjoyed the day.

Ric, I will also be travelling from Stockport so maybe we could share a car......I'm not fussed who drives.

V

Vinnie Coleman

Nice one John.As usual I will be there. looking forward to a good laugh and a natter.

J

John McLaren

Hope to be there, I'll confirm. Thanks for the effort again John

J

john conway

Re the bunk job lads, unless we get twenty or more staying there?s no problem. For those who are into breakfast, there?s only a kettle, toaster and microwave. Not a problem for me, if I?m fishing on Sunday I?m up early and off as it?s coming light, so a cup of coffee and a couple of slices of toast are fine for me.
If the river levels right there?s some good chub coming out at the moment. If you haven?t visited the Ribble since the big floods just after Christmas you may be in for a surprise some areas have taken a real bashing. Not sure what the long term weather forecast is but as usual I?ll post the river levels and conditions on the Friday so that you can decide if it worth the trip. Unfortunately it?s not good moon wise if we have a clear night, so just before dusk may be the time if it?s a bright day.
There?s a few of us going this weekend so if we all post it may make interesting reading?

T

tom riordan

I will be able to come on the fishin as well john, I had a great time on the last fishin and am looking forward to meeting all you ribblers again.

S

snotman

Baz, No phil says he wants to share with you, something about keepin you awake all night he said, dont know what he meant!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I should be there.

Loved that bunkhouse.

I will do my damndest to get The Monk there this time. And I will be carrying much less gear.

T

tom riordan

baz, dont do the five finger shuffle when the lights go out. The barmaid. The barmaid.