Fishing in West Sussex

njb51

Reaction score
While down here at uni i want to do a bit of fishing on the Rivers down here. I dont want to join a club just yet as im not goin to be here all of the time so thee would be no point.
Does anyone know of any day ticket stretches of the River Arun in Littlehampton or better yet, any free stretches?
There is also a smaller River that runs through Felpham and Bognor Regis, does anyone know anything about this?

B

Bill Eborn

Jonny
I think Calpac issue day tickets for a stretch of the Arun at Pulborough. The local tackle shops would be the best place to find out the specifics. There are some very good bream in the Chichester canal basin which you can fish on a day ticket in the winter.

For Chub and Barbel, you would proably need to join one of the Hants and Sussex Alliance clubs e.g Petworth AC), so you can fish the Western Rother.

Going east a bit, here is also a free stretch of the Adur, right bank upstream of the bridge at Wineham.

I think the waters you refer to near Felpham are drains. I'd ask locally about this if I were you. But the fishing on the drains in Sussex can be very good and you can often find miles of bank on which you are very unlikely to see another living soul let alone an angler.

Hope this helps

Bill