Day on Royalty tommorow

Jimbo

Reaction score
Hi, have fished Royalty many times but always struggled. Tried rolling meat last March ALL round the fishery but nowt.

So, tommorow I'm travelling down for a day, planning on static bait and moving about a bit starting above Pipes if its free.

Got Spicy meat with Luncheon Meat flavour and brown colouring added. Also got smelly cheese paste again which is brown. Using 2oz flat lead, semi fixed with soft Kryston hook length and size 6 hook or size 8 with the paste on a 11 foot Armalite 1/1.5lb rod to 10lb line on a centerpin. In fact I'm not sure about the center pin so I'll be taking my Shimano with braided mainline. Do I need to cast out very far or do the barbel tend to be nearer in? Think with are not far out around Fiddlers and Mugs 'Ol.

Any tips or suggestions? I'm after barbel of course but happy with Chub or even Bream(which I've caught loads of this year from H Avon!)

Cheers all.

S

Shrek

Jim,

If the weather has been anything like it has up here in Warwickshire, I'd ring the River Watch number and check levels otherwise you could find yourself fishing it from the a couple of fields away.

big gus

Reaction score
Adrian - bit of a longshot but as you're in Warwickshire do you know anything about Bailey's tackle in Warwick??

Forget to get maggots yesterday and planning an early start in the morning - the only tackle shop near me (Stratford) is close on Mondays.

The number's just ringing out. Any idea if it'll be open and if so what time?

Cheers