fish sauce

cormorant

Reaction score
ive seen some fish sauce reduced in tesco, its anchovy based, is it any good as a pellet/groundbait additive.

quickcedo

Reaction score
I bought a bottle a while ago. Whilse some rate the stuff, personally I found no difference with it added or not over a 3 month trial.
Bait and additives is all about confidence (yours) if by adding something you believe it makes a difference then use it.

cormorant

Reaction score
thanks marktodd thought i might pump it into some expanders and give it a go wasnt sure about the anchovy flavour as its so strong

quickcedo

Reaction score
The strength of flavour is nothing to worry about. Punping into expanders is a good idea. Also try liquidising a tin of cat meat. just add some water, give it a spin them put into pump with pellets. Absolute winner!! Use the left over liquid to moisten any ground bait used. One tin of cat meat is enough to do a whole bag of pellets.

cormorant

Reaction score
The strength of flavour is nothing to worry about. Punping into expanders is a good idea. Also try liquidising a tin of cat meat. just add some water, give it a spin them put into pump with pellets. Absolute winner!! Use the left over liquid to moisten any ground bait used. One tin of cat meat is enough to do a whole bag of pellets.

chers that does sound good

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
If you want something a bit more pleasant to pump into expanders you could do worse than follow my example and try strawberry jelly. It smells far more pleasant than cat food and the pellets work well.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
thanks marktodd thought i might pump it into some expanders and give it a go wasnt sure about the anchovy flavour as its so strong
Give it a go Cormorant I do the same using Nam Pla fish sauce

noknot

Reaction score
I use it mixed into the eggs when making boilies, great stuff! Also worth a try is Thai shrimp paste in a tub, Carp & Cats love the stuff!

What does Nam Pla mean RW???:j

Last edited:

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
I use it mixed into the eggs when making boilies, great stuff! Also worth a try is Thai shrimp paste in a tub, Carp & Cats love the stuff!

What does Nam Pla mean RW???:j
ooohhhh you scamp N.K, Hmmmmm. my good friend google says it doesn't translate :) just stays as Nam Pla, although I can hear it in Thai and English it's still Nam Pla...... I guess... errrrrr Fish sauce?

I'm sure you'll be able to provide the correct translation though ;)

noknot

Reaction score
ooohhhh you scamp N.K, Hmmmmm. my good friend google says it doesn't translate :) just stays as Nam Pla, although I can hear it in Thai and English it's still Nam Pla...... I guess... errrrrr Fish sauce?

I'm sure you'll be able to provide the correct translation though ;)
Well as I live in HK, and have a Thai Wife and can speak a bit of Thai, Nam=Water Pla=Fish, so yes fish sauce;)

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Well as I live in HK, and have a Thai Wife and can speak a bit of Thai, Nam=Water Pla=Fish, so yes fish sauce;)
I was in no doubt you were the man to fill in the blanks N.K. :)
I've been using this sauce for a few years now, I like it even in winter I use it in paste as it soaks into the pellet better than an oil making it easier to mix, I see it as very soluble and quickly leaking off a flavour trail.

Last edited:

cormorant

Reaction score
hope to try it this week if it stops raining, one i do use a lot is belechan or shrimp block, stinks but works a treat, add hot water to dissolve and pump into expanders. thanks to all the above for their comments.